Welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop! The theme this week is ‘Harvest’ and I’ve chosen to use the baby wipe technique and the Soft Seedlings Stamp Set.
Harvest just says ‘fall’ to me… and here it is almost mid August. Already the sky is not light as late at night and remains darker later in the morning. Boo hoo! But I love seasons, so I’m not complaining. I was playing with the baby wipe technique and these came out so softly that at first I didn’t like it, but the more I played, the more I DID like it. My baby wipe was a bit dry and that’s why I think it turned out so softly, but as I said, I like it. If you haven’t done this technique before, I urge you to try it… it’s super easy
- the baby wipe should be on a large acrylic plate or a ceramic one, something that will protect your surface from the wetness – and be flat too of course.
- drop various re-inker colors on the baby wipe: I used Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Garden Green and Crumb Cake (harvest/ fall colors). Allow them to bleed together.
- With the stamp on an acrylic block, stamp onto the inked baby wipe then onto the desired card stock. I used Very Vanilla for this card. Continue as many times as needed for the effect you are wanting.
- Because I had extra card stock on my table, I stamped for the inside layer and the envelope front ~ and each time the image was different in colors. L-O-V-E!
I trimmed my focal image down and adhered it to a Pumpkin Pie panel. It was at this point I created my background: Regals 6×6 DSP in Pumpkin Pie – fun plaid – adhered to Pumpkin Pie. I wrapped this with a length of Frayed Ribbon and attached it in back with Seal+, then mounted it on a Very Vanilla card base with dimensionals. I took my baby wipe focal piece and attached it with dimensionals to the card front. For the sentiment, I stamped this in Soft Suede ink using the True Beauty stamp set on a Very Vanilla strip. I wanted a scrolly kind of font that imitated the swirly of the front image. This was added to another piece of Pumpkin Pie and added to the front with dimensionals. As a final touch – Amber Gems from the Leaf Label & Amber Gems Combo Pack. And the front was done.
Remember this inside is already stamped with the maple leaf whirly-gigs :O) using the baby wipe technique explained above. And yes, it’s Very Vanilla card stock added to a Pumpkin Pie layer, then attached to the inside of the card.
For the envelope, I stamped the leaf image using the baby wipe technique on the front, then more of the Regals 6×6 DSP Pumpkin Pie – fun plaid – on the flap & voila – the card is done. Depending on the color of re-inkers used for this technique, this card could be in deep purples with bits of Crumb Cake or Crushed Curry – hmmm I may have to try that! – or shades of red. You really can use your imagination and use just about any color combo. Have fun with it!
OK – now, on with the hop. You may use the next button or click on a name to get you where you’re going. Enjoy!
Several of the products to make this card are from the Jul- Dec 2022 Annual Catalog. If you do not have a demonstrator and need catalogs please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. The other two catalogs available right now are the 2022 -2023 Annual Catalog and the Sale-a-bration Catalog which shows all the FREE items offered by Stampin’ Up! Jul 1-Aug 31. When ordering, please also use my current host code: TXBWJTMW. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Star Special kicking off the new Jul-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog
OK – DOUBLE STAR REWARDS ended a bit ago ~ I’m sorry you missed the deal. BUT – With the start of this new catalog I am beginning a STAR REWARDS program ~ YAY! This will continue from this day forth and below is the informations about those customer rewards.
Here’s how my STAR REWARDS work:
- For each $50 that you order from my online store (before shipping & taxes) and when you add my current Host Code, you will earn 1 STAR Reward. Orders of $49.99 or below DO NOT earn any rewards.
- Example $50 = 1 STAR Reward, $100 = 2 STAR Rewards, $150 = 3 STAR Rewards etc.
- When you have earned 8 STAR Rewards you will get a FREE product order valued up to $40.00, your choice, and mailed directly to you! Is that a deal or what???
- You also earn my monthly Online Class Tutorial of exclusive projects when you place an order.
- For any order $50 or more you will also receive 1 free gift from me valued up to $10.
And remember too, during this time of Sale-a-bration, for every $50 order from any catalog, you’ll earn free Sale-a-bration goodies from Stampin’ Up!
Remember to use MY current HOST CODE: TXBWJTMW Click here to go my store.
NEW FREE ITEMS ADDED when making purchases during Sale-a-bration
Since this flyer is hard to read… photos from top left to right
- Timber 3D Embossing Folder 163094 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Flowers of home Dies 163095 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Silver Foil Specialty Pack 163096 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Gingham Embossing Folder 163097 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Dots & Spots Die 163098 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Daffodil Dies 163099 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Seashells 3D Embossing Folder 163100 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Kraft Gift Boxes 163101 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Aspen Tree Dies 163102 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Brushed Metallic Card Stock 163103 – free w/ $50 purchase
Be sure to use the items numbers listed for these products to be redeemed as Sale-a-bration items. These products have different numbers in the catalog and therefore don’t register as part of
If you have questions about this – connect with me!
NEW COZY & BRIGHT CARD KIT AVAILABLE Aug. 3 – 160338!
Celebrate the season with a card kit that has everything you need wish those you love a merry Christmas and a joyous New Year. Don’t let the holidays overwhelm you–get your all-inclusive kit and make quick multiples everyone will love! Available NOW!
COZY & BRIGHT KIT
$23 USD | $32 CAD
Available starting August 3!
The Back To School Sales Tax Holiday is going on until August. For those of you living in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia…you’ve got sales tax holidays coming up!! The good news is that some items in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogs qualify for the sales tax holidays! The list of sales tax holidays by state and items in that state that qualify Here on a printable PDF. Check it out to see when your state has the Sales Tax Holiday.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Inspire. Create. Share.