Whoa – it’s the weekend! What a crazy, hectic week for me… and I haven’t posted in a couple of days because of that ~ but here I am… with a card I hope you’ll like (I like it!) It uses Stitched Stars Dies and I’m a ‘star’ person. I also combined Black Glitter paper & Peaceful Place SDSP. I also splattered some Basic Gray & Smoky Slate using the Stampin’ Blends. They don’t show much, but in person you can tell.
,While it’s subdued with grays, it is also sparkly with the Black Glitter Paper & the Silver Foil just makes those big stars pop! I could add some rhinestones, but I don’t really think it needs it – although I know some folks like rhinestones on just about everything! :O) (You know who you are.)
- Basic Gray card stock cut 4 1/4 x `11
- Basic White card stock cut 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
- Peaceful Place SDSP cut 12 x 5 3/8 (2)
- Peaceful Place SDSP for crosspiece 3/4 x 3 1/8
- Die cut stars from Silver Foil Sheets – and there are three
- Die cut the scrolly swirl of stars from Black Glitter paper, reserve the stars from the die cut.
- Splatter the Basic White panel using the Basic Gray and the Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends
- Add the side strips of the Peaceful Place DSP to the right & left edges of the Basic White panel. Adhere the center ‘strip’ as a ‘foundation kind of piece.
- Add this panel to the card front.
- Adhere the Glitter scrolly swirl of stars at an angle – as shown, with dabs of liquid glue.
- Adhere the stars: the largest is just an outline and it’s adhered directly to the card.; the next is on several dimensionals; tghe smallest with the added detail has a small dimensional in the center.
- Add three Black Glitter stars that popped from the swirl when it was die cut ~ and the card front is done!
- Die cut a strip of Silver Foil 5/8 x 5 3/8
- Die cut a strip from the Peaceful Prints SDSP 1/2 x 5 3/8. Adhere to the Silver Foil strip
- Add strip to the Basic White panel (4 1/8 x 5 3/8)
- Add more stars from the Black Glitter swirl. Add the single white star that was die cut when I was getting my color scheme figured out (Shimmer Paper)
- Add the Basic White panel to the inside of the card & DONE!
For the envelope I used more of the same Peaceful Prints SDSP to adhere to the envelope flap. I then stamped this delicate star in VersaMark ink and sprinkled White Embossing Powder over it and heat set. This star came from the Tidings of Christmas stamp set. Voila – what do you think? I like it… in fact I like it a lot :O)
Not have a demonstrator so you can order? If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual 2021 Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Mini Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. Please also use my current host code when ordering: 26QYRFXB I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Nothing beats a handmade card.
Inspire. Create. Share.