Helllloooo – it’s Wacky Wednesday… you know, hump day, middle of the week and all that. Today’s card features a W-Fold using Feels Like Frost 6×6 DSP as the headline. W-Folds are so much fun, just notching things up out of the ordinary.
And here’s the ‘innerds’…
I used the Love of Leaves Bundle to highlight the leaf image on the DSP. And here’s the ‘how to’..
- To the Whisper White card base (4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2), adhere Highland Heather card stock (3 7/8 x 5 1/8), then a layer of the Feels Like Frost 6×6 DSP (3 3/4 x 5) – both with liquid glue.
- Again with Whisper White, stamp the sentiment in Rococo Rose ink. Die cut with Stitched Rectangles Dies. Approximate finished size of die cut is 2 7/8 x 7/8.
- With Rococo Rose card stock die cut three leaves (see photos above for reference) using the Stitched Leaves Dies. These emboss and die cut at the same time! Love this look :O)
- Adhere the longer leaf to the sentiment panel, just the bottom of the leaf. Put dimensionals on the remainder of the leaf and on the sentiment panel. Adhere to the card front and voila – front is complete!
- Oh… I did add 3 Elegant Faceted Gems to the front and a Linen Thread bow.
For the inside…
Here I used Stitched Leaves Dies, Love of Leaves stamp set and Celebrate Tidings stamp set for the inside sentiments. I ran two panels of Whisper White (4 x 5 1/4) through the Tasteful
Textiles 3D embossing folder and adhered these to both sides of the inside of the card. Details of the W-Fold…
- Cut a length of Whisper White to create the Z-Fold – 1 3/4 x 11: score at 2 3/4, 5 1/2, 8 1/4. Fold and burnish: valley, mountain, valley. The mountain is in the center of the card.
- Cut 4 panels of Highland Heather card stock – 2 3/4 x 2
- Cut 2 panels of 2019-2021 In Color 6×6 DSP in Purple Posey – 2 1/2 x 1 3/4
- Cut 2 panels of Whisper White for dry embossing – 4 x 51/4
More info for the W-Fold…
- Adhere the DSP to 2 panels of Highland Heather with liquid glue.
- Adhere leaf with liquid glue as well
- On the two white panels, stamp the leaf of choice in Rococo Rose ink, stamping off at least once, then stamp your sentiment in Highland Heather ink.
- Adhere completed White panels to Highland Heather panels with liquid glue.
- Adhere the scored Whisper White strip to the inside of the card, centering top to bottom and to the edge of the embossed panel – adhering JUST THE END PANELS.
- Now adhere the decorated panels thusly: right end panel first, then lay next panel directly on top and close the card adhering it with liquid glue. Complete other two panels in same way – laying one on top of the other and closing the card. This keeps the panels in direct alignment.
For the final touches, I added 3 Elegant Faceted Gems to each of the two end panels and covered the leaves with Wink of Stella. I also covered the small leaf on the sentiment panel with Wink of Stella. It doesn’t show in the photos, but it adds a lot to the completed card.
- Cover the envelope flap with strips from the same Feels Like Frost 6×6 DSP and the 2019-2021 In Color 6×6 in Purple Posey.
- Stamp a leaf from the Love of Leaves stamp set on the envelope front in stamped off Rococo Rose. Cover with Wink of Stella.
YAY – beautiful card and it is complete!