We are beginning to have longer days here on the East Coast and some warmer days as well. Our Helebores are budding, there are a couple of purple crocus showing and some little white flowers whose name I forget. These temps have inspired me to create something bright and colorful. I’ve used the Daisy Lane stamp set and coordinated Flowers for Every Season DSP and both Medium and Large Daisy Punches. Let’s take a peek…
- Card base is Misty Moonlight 4 1/4 x 11, trim off 1 3/4 from one end, then score 1 7/8 from each end. Reserve the removed piece for the vertical front panel.
- DSP panels Flowers for Every Season DSP (2) 1 3/4 x 4 1/8 and (1) 1 5/8 x 4 1/8 + (1) 4 1/8 x 5 3/8; (2) coordinating pieces 1 5/8 x 4 1/8; (1) 1 1/2 x 4
- Basic White (inside panel) 4 x 5 1/4 + enough for daisies: (3) medium , (2) large
- Gather inks: Night of Navy, Just Jade, So Saffron, and Blushing Bride
- Embellishment: Gilded Gems
- Adhere the appropriate two DSP pieces together for each panel using liquid glue, then adhere to the card stock pieces. Does that make sense? It seems obvious to me but let’s see if I can make it more clear: (2) 1 5/8 x 4 to (2) 1 3/4 x 4 1/8 and (1) 1 1/2 x 4 to the (1) 1 5/8 x 4 1/8. This last piece is adhered to the Misty Moonlight reserve panel 1 3/4 x 4 1/4. The others are adhered to the card base folded over panels. Yes, I think you get it!
- Adhere this last panel to the right and just to the bottom portion of the fold-over. (If you adhere it to the top and bottom it will not open!!!)
- Stamp the Basic White panel using the Stamparatus and Night of Navy ink, with the sentiment, realizing that the open section is what you want to see. I used the Daisy Lane stamp set for the sentiment. Now stamp the leaf in Just Jade ink in various places around the edge, keeping in mind what ism going to be seen when the card is closed (just the sentiment!). Adhere the Basic White panel to the slightly larger DSP panel and then into the inside of the card and wow- nearly done…
- Stamp the daisies… for the Medium daisy – stamp in So Saffron ink three (3) times, stamping off each time, then punch using the Medium Daisy Punch. Curl the petals using a bone folder, then adhere together with liquid glue, off-setting the petals. Stamp the larger daisy with Blushing Bride ink, stamping off at least once, maybe twice, then punch with the Large Daisy Punch. Curl the petals as before then adhere together with liquid glue. Attach to the card as shown, with liquid glue. Add Gilded Gems to the centers of the daisies.
- Voila – the card is done!
Now for the envelope… I used what DSP pieces were left over for the envelope flap, adhering with liquid glue and trimming to fit. Stamp the leaf along the bottom of the envelope and some on the edge of the envelope using the same Just Jade ink. Adn yep – done, done, done!
Fun card… bright and cheery. If you so desired you could add a Basic White panel on the back to do some writing, cuz there isn’t much space to say much. Depends on the recipient, right?
OK… Products for todays card are from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog as well as the Jan- Jun Mini Catalog ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE QDCUDHDC – good Mar 1 – 15. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know.
Now is the perfect time to become a team member of Stampin’ Up! – with your choice of items in your $99 Starter Kit (valued at $125!) Act quickly… JOIN MY Team here. Being a part of the Stampin’ community brings all kinds of fringe benefits ~ early access to new catalogs, guaranteed 20% (or more) discount on all Stampin’ Up! products, free tutorials, access to web sites that will encourage and strengthen your abilities. Join my team now… Again – you may do that here.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.