Hi Everyone – it’s… Thursday – almost Labor Day weekend… can you believe it? I cannot. As long and slow as this pandemic has been, time did not slow in any way… And guess what? The Kentucky Derby is also this weekend. I enjoy horse racing and this one in particular, for some reason and plan on watching it.
The card today was made for two specific reason… 1) last week I did a Christmas Card with this same layout and mentioned in my post how easy it would be to ‘transition’ to a masculine (or other sort) of card; reason #2 my friends hubby just had shoulder replacement and it seemed perfect for that.
What I did… cut three strips of coordinating In Good Taste DSP. Layer on an Early Espresso panel with liquid glue, then onto the Gray Granite card base, also with liquid glue. Cut a length of Vanilla 1/2″ ribbon from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack. Adhere with just a bit of Stampin Seal. Over this goes a banner on dimensionals. Banner: Early Espresso cs cut with the Ornate Frames Dies (gosh these are versatile!!). Stamp the sentiment in Early Espresso ink on Very Vanilla scrap and die cut with another of the Ornate Frames Dies. Adhere to the Early Espresso banner with liquid glue; add dimensionals and place over the ribbon. Bingo – your card front is done!
For the inside.. on a panel of Very Vanilla, stamp the leaf/ fall floral bouquet in stamped off once Crumb Cake ink. Over the top of this stamp the sentiment from Healing Hugs stamp set in Early Espresso ink. Adhere the completed Very Vanilla panel to Early Espresso cs with liquid glue then add to the card base the same way. yes – card completed…
In the last photo I’m hoping you can see that I dry embossed the envelope flap after adhering Early Espresso cs to the flap. I used the Tastful Textile 3D embossing folder. The front of the card got another of those floral/ leaf bouquets. And this card is ready to send! Actually – it went out in yesterday’s mail 😊
OK – what else – of course you want card cuts. They will be found at the bottom of this post.
Other news – NEW HOST CODE… Z3WFFJTH – so shop with me 🙂
Here’s a picture of how this new machine looks open, in use and closed. There is also a picture of the Mini Stampin’ Cut and Emboss Machine, but it is not yet available for purchase – not even for demonstrators.
Starting 1 September the Magnetic Cutting Plate becomes available to customers AND demonstrators. It is not required for use with the new machine but is great to incorporate into the die-cutting experience. It is a thin, fully magnetic sheet with a self-healing cutting surface and holds dies securely in place, even nested dies. This slim, portable sheet replaces a Cutting Plate in your sandwich. That order number is…149656 – so SHOP WITH ME…
Join My Team…
- In addition to the regular starter kit (for $99 USD/$135 CAD, new recruits choose $125 USD/$165 CAD-worth of products) new recruit will also receive enough card stock pieces to make 16 cards, a pack of Rhinestone Basic Jewels, the So Much Love stamp set, and the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set—all for their first event.
- 8 packs of precut card stock of the coastal cabana pack will be provided, and 8 packs of precut card stock of the Granny Apple Green pack, for a total of 16 cards (packs include envelopes). The new recruit can choose what samples to replicate and how to distribute the packs to their customers.
- Important note: Ink, adhesive, cutting tool, and clear block for stamping must be purchased separately. However, these products may be included as part of the Starter Kit product selection.
Card cuts for Today’s project:
- In Good Taste DSP 1 1/4 x 5 1/2 (cut 3 coordinating panels
- Early Espresso cs 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 (cut 2) + scrap for banner
- Very Vanilla cs 4 x 5 1/4 (inside) + scrap for banner
- Gray Granite card base 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2