It’s still the weekend… Sunday as a matter of fact. It’s H-O-T here at the Jersey Shore… 88 yesterday & 85 in the house, cuz guess whose AC was broken. Ugh! It’s repaired now, but oh boy. Ok – to the card. It’s a beauty, at least I think so. And when I began making it, it wasn’t for anyone special. By the end of the day – it certainly was! 😞
The background paper is Waves of the Ocean, a retiring end of June DSP. The flowers were die cut directly from Hues of Happiness DSP with the Blossoming Happiness Dies. I added a bit of Wink of Stella to each rose.
Hopefully you can see the sparkle in the above two photos. I added Wink of Stella to the shaded areas only. The sentiment in the center panel comes from Inspired Thoughts stamp set. It was stamped in memento ink. I die cut the flowers for this panel, then trimmed them to use as edging pieces. I really like that added touch.
The card base is Petal Pink with a Basic White layer for many of the panels, then the Waves of the Ocean DSP. I wanted to use this particular DSP for several reasons. First it’s beautiful paper, it coordinates beautifully with the roses and I wanted to use it :O) How’s that?
A Gatefold card is really easy to do, It’s a matter of scoring the card base, then adding the layers, then the ‘gate’ panels. It’s important the ‘gate’ panels are not so wide they make it difficult to close the card. I remember my first gatefold card from a few years back… hard to open ‘cuz the ‘gates’ were too wide they kept running into each other opening or closing the card. So, look at the first photo again and notice how there is spacing between the panels. Another tip is to add the top & bottom ‘gates’ first, then the center ‘gate’ last. And you will notice, the top & bottom ‘gates’ are attached on the left fold, the center ‘gate’ is attached to the right fold. Just wanted to point that out. Let’s take a peek at the inside.
The flower on the Basic White center panel is a die cut adhered with liquid glue – and yes, it has Wink of Stella on it too. The side panels only have the DSP, not the Basic White layer. I didn’t want the added bulk. And finally the envelope… more Waves of the Ocean DSP on the flap and a stamped in Memento ink rose from Happiness Abounds Stamp set. I chose to color it with the Petal Pink Stampin’ Blends and Granny Apple Green for the stem. No Wink of Stella on this rose, but you certainly could. I’ll list the card cuts at the end of this post.
I really like how this card turned out, and because I know to whom I’m sending it, that makes it more special. If you have any questions about making this, just give me a shout, reply to this post. As I said, measurements will be at the end of this post.
Products to make this card are listed below. If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual Catalog please reach out to me (the 2022-2023 AC) – happy to send one to you. When ordering, please also use current host code: AZQDZ4U4. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Let’s talk starter kit… New In Colors, New 2022-2023 Annual Catalog release
Starter Kit Price: $99 USD | $135 CAD
Redemption Value: $125 USD | $165 CAD
Additional In Color Products: $66.50 USD | $91.25 CAD
In Color Grid Paper, In Color Ink Pad Collection, In Color Cardstock Collection, and In Color 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper Assortments.
You’ll also get a free Paper Pumpkin kit!
PROMOTION DATES: 3–31 MAY 2022
Time is getting short my friends… today is the 22nd and you have until the 31st to join with this fabulous promotion. What ARE you waiting for???
Order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here.
Just a few of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator AND part of our Critters ‘n Creatin’ Krew Team:
- At least a 20% discount on everything that you order as a Demonstrator!
- Early peeks at new release items and preorders for new items about a month before they are available to customers!
- The ability to attend Demonstrator exclusive Stampin’ Up! events!
- No pressure to sell to anyone, hold classes or workshops or run a business. You can simply order for yourself and get the discount! And as long as you have at least $300 in sales per quarter, you’ll continue as an active Demonstrator and continue to get the discount. If you aren’t able to maintain the $300 per quarter minimums, you simply go back to being a customer, no commitment required and no penalty if decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you.
- Stampin’ Up! does have an extensive library of class and project ideas for those wishing to jump into hosting classes as well as training to help start your business, should you choose to do that.
If you join with me, you’ll also get:
- Monthly team meetings via video conference where we talk about the latest happenings at Stampin’ Up! and share project ideas. Team members are located all over the United States, but we still get together in person online and have lots of fun.
- Quarterly in-person meetings if you live in the NJ or surrounding area, where we get together to do a little stamping, creating, getting to know one another and most of all SHARE inspiration. If you live outside the NJ area you can join us through that wonderful ZOOM video conference.
- Free access to our online class tutorials. These are exceptional!
- A private Facebook page where we can chat, ask questions and share ideas.
- Team giveaways and prizes for reaching sales and team goals or attending specific meetings. 😉
- The best part is the laughing and kidding and sharing of information/ creativity/ talent ~ following the SU! adage: Inspire. Create. Share. ❤️ 😁
Join our incredible group of crafters and creators.
If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here
Remember to connect with me if you need a catalog!Make someone’s day… send them a handmade card filled with love! Inspire. Create. Share.
Card cuts for this Gatefold Card:
- card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored @ 2 1/8, turn to opposite side and score again @ 2 1/8, burnish
- layer 1 – Basic White 1 7/8 x 5 3/8 (cut 2)
- layer 2 – DSP 1 5/8 x 5 1/8 (cut 2)
- Petal Pink – 1 5/8 x 4 (cut 3)
- Basic White – 1 1/2 x 4 (cut 3)
- DSP – 1 3/8 x 4 (cut 2)
- Basic White – 4 x 5 1/4
- DSP – 1 7/8 x 4 (cut 2)
Leave a Reply