Good Monday Morning! We have a glorious morning here today – the temp has dropped about 25 degrees. Yep, it was 88 yesterday, this mornin’ it is 63. Springtime is like that, isn’t it – variable temps.
Today’s card is yet another sympathy card, created using the Whitewash technique. There are two ways to do this: one is to use a water painter and white ink; the other is to use a white watercolor pencil (and sometimes a blender pen. I chose to use the watercolor pencil and no blender pen. I also confess, this is a CASE of a card by Julia Quinn. I changed the colors, sentiment and no ribbon, but the idea comes straight from Julia.
This is a really ‘wow’ color combination, isn’t it? In person, this is absolutely stunning. The card stocks are Orchid Oasis and Fresh Freesia with Starry Sky inking for the stamps. The sparkle comes from the 6×6 In Color Glimmer Paper in Orchid Oasis. This glimmer paper has an ombre effect, light to dark, and that is evident in this die cut. Here’s what I did:
- Stamp the image from Nature’s Harvest stamp set in Starry Sky ink on the Orchid Oasis panel.
- With the White Watercolor pencil, color the appropriate flower petals.
- Mount this panel on a Basic White piece just slightly larger
- Die cut the ‘spray’ from the Harvest Dies using Orchid Oasis 6×6 In Color Glimmer Paper. Adhere to stamped panel with dabs of liquid glue, noting where NOT to put adhesive :O)
- Put dimensionals on back of panel and adhere to Fresh Freesia card base
- Stamp the sentiment from the Nature’s Harvest stamp set in Starry Sky ink onn a Basic White strip and die cut with the banner die in the Harvest Dies. Put dimensionals on the back and add to card front.
- Final touch: two (2) Classic Matte Dots in White just under the sentiment panel.
I chose to use the same size panels for the inside as the front of the card. It adds to the dramatic effect. On the Basic White panel, stamp the smaller floral image from Nature’s Harvest stamp set in Starry sky ink, twice. Adhere the panel to an Orchid Oasis piece slightly larger and attach to the inside of the card. DONE!
I used the same smaller floral for the envelope front, stamping twice in Starry Sky ink. For the flap, I ran an piece of Orchid Oasis through the Fern 3D Embossing Folder and adhered it, trimming to fit. In keeping with the nature theme of the card, this folder seemed perfect for this. Card stock cuts will be listed at the bottom of this post.
Products to make this card are listed below. If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual Catalog please reach out to me (the 2022-2023 AC) – happy to send one to you. When ordering, please also use current host code: AZQDZ4U4. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Let’s talk starter kit… New In Colors, New 2022-2023 Annual Catalog release
Starter Kit Price: $99 USD | $135 CAD
Redemption Value: $125 USD | $165 CAD
Additional In Color Products: $66.50 USD | $91.25 CAD
In Color Grid Paper, In Color Ink Pad Collection, In Color Cardstock Collection, and In Color 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper Assortments.
You’ll also get a free Paper Pumpkin kit!
PROMOTION DATES: 3–31 MAY 2022
Time is getting short my friends… today is the 23rd and you have until the 31st to join with this fabulous promotion. What ARE you waiting for???
Order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here.
Just a few of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator AND part of our Critters ‘n Creatin’ Krew Team:
- At least a 20% discount on everything that you order as a Demonstrator!
- Early peeks at new release items and preorders for new items about a month before they are available to customers!
- The ability to attend Demonstrator exclusive Stampin’ Up! events!
- No pressure to sell to anyone, hold classes or workshops or run a business. You can simply order for yourself and get the discount! And as long as you have at least $300 in sales per quarter, you’ll continue as an active Demonstrator and continue to get the discount. If you aren’t able to maintain the $300 per quarter minimums, you simply go back to being a customer, no commitment required and no penalty if decide that being a Demonstrator isn’t right for you.
- Stampin’ Up! does have an extensive library of class and project ideas for those wishing to jump into hosting classes as well as training to help start your business, should you choose to do that.
If you join with me, you’ll also get:
- Monthly team meetings via video conference where we talk about the latest happenings at Stampin’ Up! and share project ideas. Team members are located all over the United States, but we still get together in person online and have lots of fun.
- Quarterly in-person meetings if you live in the NJ or surrounding area, where we get together to do a little stamping, creating, getting to know one another and most of all SHARE inspiration. If you live outside the NJ area you can join us through that wonderful ZOOM video conference.
- Free access to our online class tutorials. These are exceptional!
- A private Facebook page where we can chat, ask questions and share ideas.
- Team giveaways and prizes for reaching sales and team goals or attending specific meetings. 😉
- The best part is the laughing and kidding and sharing of information/ creativity/ talent ~ following the SU! adage: Inspire. Create. Share. ❤️ 😁
Join our incredible group of crafters and creators.
If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here
- Fresh Freesia card base: 4 14 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Orchid Oasis: 3 x 4 (front), 3 1/8 x 4 1/8 (inside), 2 1/4 x 6 (flap)
- Basic White: 3 1/8 x 4 1/8 (front), 3 x 4 (inside), 1 x 5 (sentiment)
- Glimmer: 1 5/8 x 5 1/4