The theme for this month’s Blog Hop is all about “For the boys/ men…” and we could interpret that any way we wanted. Hubby’s birthday is in June and he is a sailing man. The new blue in the 2020-2021 In Colors for Stampin’ Up! is titled Misty Midnight. I love that! And it’s perfect to work with for a man – my man. And the Sailing Home carrying over stamp set is a perfect match in many ways. I also used the NEW Tasteful Labels Dies (eek! – fun!) and the Many Mates stamp set (love this too!)
The card is a take-off of a Gate Fold card – modified version. I actually followed the really good directions of my upline Mary Deatherage, who created a card using this fun fold. It’s easy!
- Cut your card base 4 1/4 x 11, score at 5 1/2. I used Whisper White
- Cut another piece of card stock (I used Night of Navy 5 1/4 x 8, score at 2″ and 6″
- Mark the center of each of the short panels( 2 5/8). Cut to the center of each short panel (or gates) creating a V – see photo… I apologize… should have taken a photo PRIOR to completing the card – grrr
- Cut a piece of In Good Taste DSP 1 7/8 x 5 (2 of these) Follow the same procedure for cutting. Adhere DSP panels to the card front “gates” using liquid glue. (This DSP is available to customers June 3!)
- Cut apiece of the 2020-2021 6 x 6 DSP Misty Midnight 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 and adhere using liquid glue to the inside of the Night of Navy panel (This DSP is available to customers June 3!)
- Using the Stitched so Sweetly Dies, cut a panel for the sentiment and the sailboat. The sentiment, sailboat and birds are from Sailing Home stamp set. I used Night of Navy ink. Adhere to the inside front panel with liquid glue.
- Adhere this modified gate-fold to your card base with liquid glue.
- Cut a strip 1 x 10 for the belly band. I used the new 2020-2021 IN COLOR Bumblebee. Don’t you love that name? It is so descriptive.
- Cut another panel using a smaller Stitched So Sweetly Dies and Bumblebee card stock. Adhere to the belly band with dimensionals.
- * Using two of the Tasteful Labels Dies (available to customers June 3!), cut panels, one in Night of Navy and one in Whisper White. Adhere with liquid glue to the Bumblebee diecut.
- Stamp your sentiment using the new Many Mates stamp set. I added three of the new 2020-2021 In Color Enamel Dots. They are so cute! (Both of these are also available to customers June 3)
The front of your card is complete! Yay! And it’s gorgeous already. 😏 Now for the inside…
- Cut a piece of Night of Navy 5 3/8 x 4 1/8. Adhere using liquid glue.
- Cut a Whisper White 5 x 3 7/8. Stamp with your sentiment and the anchor from the Sailing Home stamp set and Night of Navy ink. Adhere using liquid glue. Done!
Remember your envelope…Cover the envelope flap with the new 2020-2021 6 x 6 In Color DSP, adhering with liquid glue. Trim. Done, done, done…
This was such a fun card to do. It looks complicated but isn’t at all and is just stunning.
Remember all those products I mentioned that are NEW! Purchasing from me is easy and when buying product between $50 – $150 you receive free product from me :O) Please use my current HOST CODE… J2E4VDGM .
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.
Now on with the hop…. to the very creative Amy Koenders.
If you get lost or disconnected along the way, you may get back in by connecting with any of these participating members today… Enjoy the hop!
- Mary Deatherage – https://wp.me/p5snyt-cPT
- Karen Ksenzakovic – https://wp.me/paaNf4-2ap
- Sue Prather – https://wp.me/p5yitZ-1Ua
- Jaimie Babarczy – https://wp.me/p79UhD-3Rf
- Leslie Larkin – https://leslielarkin.com/friendlikeyoubundle
- Karen Finkle – https://karenscardkorner.blogspot.com/2020/05/stampin-up-tropical-oasis-masculine.html
- Connie Troyer – http://constantlycreating.me/2020/05/12/masculine-unisex-card-with-stampin-ups-come-sail-away-memories-and-more-card-pack-for-stamp-with-amy-ks-tuesday-blog-hop
- Akiko Sudano – https://wp.me/paOv8E-1bb
- Julie Johnston – https://wp.me/p8SzmQ-2kc
- Terry Lynn Bright – https://wp.me/p8fxPh-tt
- Amy Koenders – https://wp.me/p2SFwf-juR