This card was created with the drapery fold technique – so easy and really shows off the Designer Series Paper and how it is double-sided :o)
How to… DSP of choice… here I used Woven Threads from the Annual Catalogue. It is cut at 4″ x 11 1/2″, then trimmed from the bottom left edge up to 1″ from the top of the right side. Got it? Then score beginning on the longest side at 3″, 4″, 6″, 7″, 9″, 10″. Fold this in an accordian style. Adhere this to a Whisper White piece cut at 4′ x 5 1/4″.
The rest of the card…
* Cardstock base is Terracotta Tile: 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
* Layer Purple Posy: 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ (cut 2 of these, one for the inside)
* Layer the accordian piece that was adhered to Whisper White cs to the Purple Posy.
* Punch several small blooms using the Small Bloom Punch (item 152316 from the sale-a-bration catalogue. It’s a free item with the appropriate purchase!)
* Curl the flowers slightly and adhere two together using Tombow glue. Using glue dots, adhere the flowers to the card randomly placing for a pleasing “show”. Add a 2020-21 In Color Faceted Dot (item 149607) to the center of each flower. I used Purple Posy.
*Stamp the sentiment (from Happy Birthday To You stamp set, also from the Sale-a bration cattie and also a free item with the appropriate purchase) onto a Whisper White scrap with Terrracotta Tile ink and fussy cut. Adhere with mini dimensionals.
* Add smaller faceted gems as you desire to complete the look. I used three.YAY! Your Card front is complete!
* Using the Thoughtful Blooms stamp set (item 152290 from the sale-a-bration cattie and a free item with the appropriate purchase), stamp the leaves in Pretty Peacock, stamping off once on scrap first, on a Whisper White cs pice cut at 4″ x 5 1/4″. I stamped it in the center of the card.
* Adhere to a Purple Posy piece cut at 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ as noted above.
* Using one of the flowers in the stamp set, ink with Terracotta Tile, stamping off once and then stamping in the center of the leaves.
* Using a glue dot, adhere a small Purple Posy faceted dot to the center of this flower. Inside done!
Complete this beauty by decorating the envelope: Designer Series Paper for the envelope flap of course, and several stamped flowers in Terracottta Tile ink for the front. Now look at this lovely creation and admire your handiwork. Send to a friend who needs a “pick-me-up”.
Thanks for stopping by. If you have any questions, please reach out to me. The Jan-to Jun Mini Catalogue is in full swing. And then… the NEW ANNUAL Catalogue will be available. Hugs everyone. Happy crafting – enjoy what you do!