Hi there! I have a very fun & easy card for you today. Yes, layers, that’s me. It’s a fun fold.
I’ve used the Boughs of Holly DSP and the Leaves of Holly stamp set with it’s coordinating dies: Holly Berry Dies.Notice this center sentiment banner. Gorgeous, right? The berries on the lower right are holding the gatefold closed by simply slipping part of the sentiment banner under the berries, which are on dimensionals of course. And here it is out from under the berries.
Notice how the ‘gate’ is open? Ok, how to make this beauty.
- Cut the card base 4 1/4 x 11 & score @ 2 1/8, 3 3/8, & 8 7/8 (this is Real Red card stock) & burnish
- Cut layering panels: 1 1/8 x 4 1/8, 2 x 4 1/8 (cut 2) * for inside 4 1/8 x 4 1/8 (this is Soft Succulent card stock)
- Cut DSP panels: 1 x 4, 1 7/8 x 4 (cut 2) (this is Boughs of Holly DSP) Notice they are coordinating
- Basic White square inside is 4 x 4
- Thick Basic White : 6 x 4 for sentiment banner & berries
The first step is to create the book-binding… adhere together with a strong adhesive (I used Seal+) the scored area between 2 1/8 & 3 3/8. Adhere DSP panels to their like card stock cuts, then onto the card front. That’s really it except for decorating the card front :O)
To decorate: die cut 2 sentiment banners from Thick Basic White and from Evening Evergreen, the backing for the holly leaves. Adhere Evening Evergreen piece in place behind holly leaves, then adhere other banner piece to this for strength. Stamp sentiment in Real Red using the Leaves of holly stamp set.
Stamp berries ~ the detail is stamped first in Sweet Sorbet ink, then stamp over this with the more solid berry stamp in Real Red ink. Die cut with the appropriate die from Holly Berry Dies. Do this three times. Add one set of berries to the upper right corner of the sentiment banner, behind. Cut apart one set of berries to use two berries to add with dimensionals near the holly leaves. Close the Gate fold and adhere sentiment banner only on the left ‘gate’. Put dimensionals on the remaining set of berries and attach so the corner of the sentiment banner can slide under it. YAY, done! Now add several Rhinestone Basic Jewels for sparkle.
Here you can see five of the seven rhinestones added to the card front.
To create the inside is super easy too. Adhere the Soft Succulent panel first. Now stamp the Basic White piece: berries first. Detail stamp is Sweet Sorbet, more solid stamp is Real Red. Finally stamp the sentiment from the Leaves of Holly stamp set in Real Red. Adhere this panel in place and the card is finis. :O) Beautiful, right?
For the envelope I stamped the sentiment from Leaves of Holly in Real Red ink across the bottom front. The flap got more of the Boughs of Holly DSP. Lovely, fresh, cheery.
This book-binding gatefold is so quick & easy and can be used for any occasion. Just change up the papers and there ya go! Can’t wait to see what you do with it.
Several of the products to make this card are from the Jul- Dec 2022 Annual Catalog. If you do not have a demonstrator and need catalogs please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. The other two catalogs available right now are the 2022 -2023 Annual Catalog and the Sale-a-bration Catalog which shows all the FREE items offered by Stampin’ Up! Jul 1-Aug 31. When ordering, please also use my current host code: TXBWJTMW. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Star Special kicking off the new Jul-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog
OK – DOUBLE STAR REWARDS ended a bit ago ~ I’m sorry you missed the deal. BUT – With the start of this new catalog I am beginning a STAR REWARDS program ~ YAY! This will continue from this day forth and below is the informations about those customer rewards.
Here’s how my STAR REWARDS work:
- For each $50 that you order from my online store (before shipping & taxes) and when you add my current Host Code, you will earn 1 STAR Reward. Orders of $49.99 or below DO NOT earn any rewards.
- Example $50 = 1 STAR Reward, $100 = 2 STAR Rewards, $150 = 3 STAR Rewards etc.
- When you have earned 8 STAR Rewards you will get a FREE product order valued up to $40.00, your choice, and mailed directly to you! Is that a deal or what???
- You also earn my monthly Online Class Tutorial of exclusive projects when you place an order.
- For any order $50 or more you will also receive 1 free gift from me valued up to $10.
And remember too, during this time of Sale-a-bration, for every $50 order from any catalog, you’ll earn free Sale-a-bration goodies from Stampin’ Up!
Remember to use MY current HOST CODE: TXBWJTMW Click here to go my store.
NEW FREE ITEMS ADDED when making purchases during Sale-a-bration
Since this flyer is hard to read… photos from top left to right
- Timber 3D Embossing Folder 163094 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Flowers of home Dies 163095 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Silver Foil Specialty Pack 163096 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Gingham Embossing Folder 163097 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Dots & Spots Die 163098 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Daffodil Dies 163099 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Seashells 3D Embossing Folder 163100 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Kraft Gift Boxes 163101 – free w/ $50 purchase
- Aspen Tree Dies 163102 – free w/ $100 purchase
- Brushed Metallic Card Stock 163103 – free w/ $50 purchase
Be sure to use the items numbers listed for these products to be redeemed as Sale-a-bration items. These products have different numbers in the catalog and therefore don’t register as part of
If you have questions about this – connect with me!
NEW COZY & BRIGHT CARD KIT AVAILABLE Aug. 3 – 160338!
Celebrate the season with a card kit that has everything you need wish those you love a merry Christmas and a joyous New Year. Don’t let the holidays overwhelm you–get your all-inclusive kit and make quick multiples everyone will love! Available NOW!
COZY & BRIGHT KIT
$23 USD | $32 CAD
Available starting August 3!
The Back To School Sales Tax Holiday is going on until August. For those of you living in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia…you’ve got sales tax holidays coming up!! The good news is that some items in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogs qualify for the sales tax holidays! The list of sales tax holidays by state and items in that state that qualify Here on a printable PDF. Check it out to see when your state has the Sales Tax Holiday.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Inspire. Create. Share.
Leave a Reply