Hi Everyone! Hope you had a nice Memorial Day weekend… it was cloudy and overcast, perfect for yard work, not so much for partying… and with the pandemic, not really possible anyway.Still, so thankful and appreciative to those who served our country, sometimes losing their lives, and those who still serve… Grateful, thankful, appreciative…
Today’s card is masculine! I know, a bit unusual for me. I like the simplicity of this card, yet it still has several elements and dimension. This could so easily be a Father’s Day card or birthday card, or a card of thanks and appreciation. Let’s take a look…
And here’s what you need to make this card…
- In Good Taste DSP
- 2020-2022 In Color 6 x 6 DSP
- 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots
- Misty Moonlight cs and ink
- Whisper White cs
- Braided Linen Trim
- Lovely Labels Pick a Punch
- Well Said stamp set
- Ornate Style stamp set
And here’s how to do it…
- Cut a piece of Misty Moonlight for your card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4. Set aside
- Cut a piece of 2020-2022 In Color 6 x 6 using the Misty Moonlight color, 4 x 5 1/4 and adhere to Whisper White cs 4 1/8 x 5 3/8.
- Fussy cut a panel of the In Good Taste DSP and adhere to a panel of Whisper White about 1 1/2 width for stability. I like this blue/ white piece as it reminds me of Delft and Bing and Grondahl plates. Does it for you? I put this panel on dimensions and set it aside for now.
- Next I cut a 1/2 strip of Misty Moonlight for a background for my sentiment. I punched the one end using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.
- Stamp your sentiment using the Misty Moonlight ink spot provided in the May PP. (I used the Well Said stamp set and taped off the IS YOU. to use for the inside) on a Whisper White scrap, punch the end with the same Lovely You Pick a Punch and adhered to the Misty Moonlight piece.
- I laid this on the card front and decided something was missing – so the Braided Linen Thread to the rescue! This is a nice masculine type trim and I like the neutral and how it seemed to tie everything together (PUN :)) Add snail to the back of the 2020-2022 In Color DSP and Whisper White panel, placing the trim 3/4 from the bottom of your panel.
- Since the sentiment is going over the braided trim, cut your dimensionals in half and place on opposite sides so the sentiment panel doesn’t wobble (ask me how I know that!). Once you have your sentiment strip where you want it, adhere over the trim and cut off the extended end.
- I added three 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots to the sentiment panel and felt something was still missing. Braided Linen trim to the rescue again! I cut a length and tied a half knot just beyond the sentiment panel and adhered it with a glue dot. Then I frayed the ends of the braided trim cuz I like the look 🙂
- Let’s see, did we do everything? Yikes – remember the In Good Taste panel – it has dimensionals on it ready to be adhered – do that and your card front is nearly complete.
- Put this entire panel on the Misty Moonlight card base in the very first step and your card front is done… yay.
For the inside…
- Cut a panel of Whisper White 4 x 5 1/4,.
- Adhere a 1/2 strip of the 2020-2022 In Color DSP to the right about 1/4 from the edge.
- Stamp the rest of the sent (is you.) with the Misty Moonlight ink spot
- Adhere to the inside of your card with liquid glue
Remember to do your envelope… See photo..
- I adhered the 2020-2022 In Color 6 x 6 DSP to the envelope flap and trimmed to fit
- I stamped this fun decoration that seemed to fit the Delft look – using the Ornate Style stamp set and the Misty Moonlight ink spot.
Done done done… And as I said earlier, this card could fit so many occasions for a man.It’s also feminine enough for a woman as well. So many of these products will be available to customers beginning Jun 3. They are part of the NEW and exciting 2020-21 Annual Catalogue. Shop with me, join my team (for those extra discounts!) – lots of bonuses either way. When shopping with me please use my CURRENT HOST CODE J2E4VDGM to receive an item of your choice worth $10 when your purchase is between $50- $150. One free item per customer per month please… Feel free to contact me for further details.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.