Hi Folks! Gosh, yesterday it was 74 and rainy, today is 58 and a bit cloudy but sun should come through. Quite a disparity still in weather temps. I’ll be working out in the front later this morning as we had to remove a tree a couple of years ago and the pachysandra got fried last year in the summer sun. Removing pachysandra is a job and a half! Plus the soil needs amending a bit as it’s very sandy and new plants are going in. I just may be out there a while…
So here’s today’s card… I love the soft colors used here and the fonts in the Forever Fern stamp set are just lovely
Here are all the goodies I used to make this beautiful card…
- Petal Pink cs
- Crumb Cake cs
- Soft Sea Foam cs and ink
- Whisper White cs
- Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon 5/8″ white
- Braided Linen Trim 3/16″
- In Good Taste DSP
- Ornate Floral 3D Embossing folder
- Forever Fern stamp set
- Forever Flourishing Dies:
- For the flower… Tasteful Touches stamp set; Soft Suede ink, Wink of Stella and Dark So Saffron Stampin’ Blends
Here’s a photo of the flower created a few days ago and sitting on my desk just waiting 😏 Remember I used the flower on the right in yesterday’s post.
Here are the details for making this card…
- Using the Forever Flourishing Dies, die cut sprig and spray in Soft Sea Foam cs and sponge dauber the edges to give them more dimension
- Again using the Forever Flourishing Dies, cut the berry spray in Crumb Cake and “color” with Wink of Stella. This helps tie in the flower that is covered in Wink of Stella and gives it glimmer, sparkle and glam!
- Cut a 1/2 x 4 strip of the In Good Taste DSP. Gosh there are some gorgeous patterns in this pack!
- Petal Pink is cut 4 x 5 1/4 and is embossed with the Ornate Floral 3D Embossing folder. Spritz lightly with water prior to sending it through your embossing machine. This allows the paper to have a bit more ‘give and flexibility’ to take on the design of the folder. This is a must have folks – just sayin…
Putting it all together…
- Adhere the DSP about 1 1/4″ from the bottom using liquid glue.
- Cover this with a strip of the Polka Dot Tulle 5/8″ ribbon. Adhere in back with snail.
- Wrap a piece of the Braided Linen Trim over this, centering, and adhere in back with tape.
- Slip the larger foliage die cut between ribbon and DSP and adhere with liquid glue., leaving many of the leaves loose to curl for texture and dimension.
- Adhere the Crumb Cake berries with a glue dot, then add the leaf swag over this adhering with a glue dot
- Add the prepped flower with dimensionals.
- Finally add the linen and Polka Dot Tulle bow with a glue dot.
- Adhere this embossed panel to Petal Pink cs cut to 4 1/4 x 11 and scored at 5 1/2. Your card front is complete! Easy peasy…
For the inside…
- Stamp the leaf and berry stamp from the Forever Fern stamp set with Soft Sea Foam. While it’s readily available, go ahead and stamp your envelope flap and front as well
- Stamp the sentiment from the same set using Soft Suede.
- Adhere to the inside of your card and voila – all done! Even your envelope is ready 😉
This would make a fabulous wedding or anniversary card! So what do you think? This stamp set – Forever Fern with matching dies, Forever Flourishing Dies, are must haves for this next year. Matter of fact, I just might wear them out from use!!! And Tasteful Touches is another equally beautiful set, They coordinate so well together. I love how Stampin’ Up! does that.
Ship with me using my CURRENT HOST CODE J2E4VDGM and remember the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog goes LIVE Jun 3 about 3 PM ET. Get a bonus from me when you spend $50 – $150… an item of your choice worth up to $10. One item per customer per month please.
I look forward to hearing from you. Tell me what you like about the card and share a picture of yours with me too.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.
And… Happy Memorial Day weekend. Special thanks to all those in the armed services who have served and continue to serve our country. You are amazing people!
Leave a Reply