Hi Everyone.. EEK – SO EXCITED!! I had placed a rather large order a bit ago and it took longer than usual to get here (I didn’t expedite – grrr). Anyway – it arrived yesterday and I’m thrilled – got some really fun items to play with 😁 and the first one I chose is… Celebrate Sunflowers. So, so pretty. Here ’tis…
I fell in love with this sunflower… and also the Flowers For Every Season DSP. The dies are … to die for! :o) And no, I didn’t use them all – next card maybe…
Items used for this card…
- Flowers For Every Season DSP
- Celebrate Sunflowers
- Sunflowers Dies
- Ivory and Bronze Blends
- Just Jade cs
- Whisper White cs
- Misty Moonlight cs for the card base
- Shaded Spruce ink and sponge dauber
- White embossing powder
And here’s the deets…
- Misty Moonlight cs 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4
- Flowers For Every Season DSP 1 1/2 x 5 1/2, adhered to Whisper White cs 1 3/4 x 5 1/2 with liquid glue. Adhere to card center with liquid glue – about 1 1/4 from top and bottom.
- Stamp sunflower in Versamark ink on Whisper White scrap. Emboss with White Embossing powder.
- Because of the flower on the DSP, I wanted to match it so pulled out several blends colors, played a bit and settled on… ta da – the Ivory and Bronze Blends! Quite frankly, I had never used them like this and they match! Of course the Bronze Blend is the darker and I would do little bits of a sunflower petal with that and then use the Ivory Blends to blend it. After doing all the outer petals, I applied the Bronze Blend to the outer ring, then the Ivory Blend next and the Bronze Blend again for the center. I covered all that with Wink of Stella. It doesn’t show in the picture well, but it is stunning!
- There are two leaf dies in the Sunflower Dies set, one with the outline and the other more intricate that shows every vein – eek gorgeous! I cut two of the intricate large leaf dies out of Just Jade cs and colored with Wink of Stella.
- I stamped the leaf stamp with Shaded Spruce – goes well, doesn’t it? Then cut it out with the outline leaf die – and yep! covered it in Wink 0f Stella :o)
- I cut two more sprays out of the Just Jade cs, sponge daubered a bit with Shaded Spruce to darken in places and then yep – colored with Wink of Stella!
- I laid all the pieces on to determine placement for the sentiment – that’s from the wonderful Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set. It was stamped in Versamark then heat embossed with white embossing powder.
- Place dimensionals on your sunflower and adhere to your card front. The rest of the die cuts were adhered with liquid glue.
- I curled the leaves and curled the sunflower a bit as well but I had put my dimensionals out too far on the sunflower, which made them not curl as much as I wanted. Learning curve! Card front is done…
On the inside…
- In the stamp set is this adorable smaller sunflower with leaves. It was stamped in Versamark, heat embossed with white embossing powder and colored just as the large sunflower – with Ivory and Bronze Blends.
- The leaves were colored with both dark and light Shaded Spruce Blends and everything covered with Wink of Stella.
- This was die cut with the Sunflower Dies and adhered to a Whisper White panel 4 x 5 1/4, then adhered to the inside – all using liquid glue.
- I covered the flap with the Flowers For Every Season DSP using liquid glue, and trimmed to fit.
- The envelope front got leaves stamped all over with Shaded Spruce from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set.
Gorgeous paper! Stunning sunflower – what a match! Love this set and it’s a ‘gotta have’. 😁😁
All items for today’s post are new from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalogue – which goes live about 3 pm Jun 3. Would appreciate your shopping with me – get a free item worth $10 for a purchase of $50- $150. Please use my CURRENT HOST CODE J2E4VDGM.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.