Hi Everyone – it’s Wednesday – hump day as many folks call it. Guess that means mid week 😉 Today’s card is a rather fun fold – maybe accordion (?) and uses a bit more than the usual Specialty DSP. I like it, but it needed LOTS of card cuts cuz I did multiple layering (which I really like). This has two additional layers to each panel…
And here’s how it happens…
- Basic Gray cs 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4. Cut diagonally from the score line to 2″ up from the bottom of the left side of the card stock.
- Petal Pink cs 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, 2 x 5 1/4, 2 x 3 1/2, 2 x 5 3/8
- Parisian Blossoms DSP 4 x 5 1/4,1 7/8 x 5 1/8, 1 7/8 x 1 3/8, 1 7/8 x 5 1/4
- Whisper White scraps approx 1/2 x 4 1/4 fro front sentiment, 4 x 5 1/4 sentiment panel on inside and stamped flowers die cut. Take a peek how the panels adhere…
- The tricky part is the angle for the supplementary panels… but I hope to make this real easy for you 😏… I used the card stock base and the angle already cut as my guideline. For instance, in picture #3 that panel is Petal Pink 2 x 5 1/4. Lay the Petal Pink under the Basic Gray (Basic Gray is on top) and softly pencil the angle onto the Petal Pink. Trim on that pencil line. If it needs more length removed, cut it off the straight bottom.This keeps the angle correct and simply adjusts the length of the new panel. Now do the same for the Parisian SDSP: lay it under the Basic Gray, draw a thin pencil line for the angle (making certain the SDSP is going in the appropriate direction) and trim along the pencil line. Adjust the length to fit 1/8″ smaller than the Petal Pink. Adhere the Petal Pink o the “back” as shown in picture #3, then the SDSP.
- Now go back to picture #2 and do the same steps for cutting the angle for the front panels – do the Petal Pink first, then the SDSP.
- Adhere SDSP to the appropriate Petal Pink panel, then adhere to the Basic Gray card base.
- TIP: Adhering each panel as you go saves you from making mistakes in cutting and adhering.
Now you are ready for the largest panel…
- Adhere the 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 Petal Pink to the Basic Gray cs, then adhere the SDSP 4 x 5 1/4 to the Petal Pink
- Stamp the large flower from Forever Blossoms stamp set in Black Memento ink. Color using the Dark Petal Pink Blends. Die cut this with the Cherry Blossoms Dies and adhere using liquid glue.
- Using the Stitched Rectangles Dies, cut a piece from Whisper White and adhere using liquid glue
- Stamp your sentiment from the Forever Blossoms stamp set on the 1/2 x 4 1/4 strip, using Black Memento ink. Cut to size
- Cut a strip of Petal Pink for the scallop under the sentiment, from Be Mine Stitched Framelits. Adhere to the sentiment strip with liquid glue and attach to the far left front panel using liquid glue.
For the envelope..
- Adhere a 2 1/4 x 6 strip of the SDSP to the envelope flap using liquid glue; trim to fit
- Stamp the single flower from Forever Blossoms stamp set in Back Memento ink and color using Dark Petal Pink Blends
Done, done, done. Now you have completed an accordion card with multiple layers and it wasn’t so hard. Do you love it? My hubby did and that made me very happy.
What’s retiring from the items used today… only the Parisian Specialty DSP – and folks, it is beautiful and right now a real bargain.. Love love love this paper and I am so glad this stamp set is carrying over into the new 2020-2021 catalogue. If youy would like to shop with me (I like that idea by the way!), please use my CURRENT HOST CODE J2E4VDGM for purchases between $50 – $150 to receive a free item of your choice from me – up to a $10 value. If your purchase is over $150, you will receive not only your free item of choice from me, but Stampin’ Up will offer you something as well. Shop now looking at not only the CLEARANCE RACK but also the RETIRING LIST…
Thanks for stopping by
May you have a beautiful day
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card
Leave a Reply