Hi Folks – it’s Friday, May 1! Aren’t we supposed to have a maypole with streamers and dance around it? If that’s the case, why is it raining so stinking hard? At least the temp is not so terrible… at 5 AM it’s reading 53 degrees!So I guess we COULD go out and dance in the rain, couldn’t we… might be fun. 😂 Well thank you very much, right now I’m writing :o)
For today’s card the focus is on the Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP. It’s the standout… a rather modern look and shiny and can easily be a masculine card. And here’s how we do it…
- Garden Green is the card base 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Mint Macaron 4 x 5 1/4 (cut 2, one is for the inside)
- Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP 3 3/4 x 5. Adhere to the Mint Macaron panel with liquid glue.
- Wrap with Very Vanilla twine (is this retired???), tie a bow. Put this on dimesnionals and adhere to the card front.
- Stamp your sentiment from the Butterfly Gala stamp set in Garden Green ink. Punch this with your Tag Topper punch. Do another out of Garden Green cs, Adhere together with liquid glue keeping a bottom border.
- Put dimensionals on just at the top point and bottom point to adhere over the twine.
- Bingo – your card front is complete!
- Adhere the extra Mint Macaron panel to the inside.
- Cut a piece of Very Vanilla cs 3 3/4 x 5. Stamp your sentiment, again from the Butterfly Gala stamp set, in Garden Green ink.
- At the bottom, adhere a thin strip of Garden Green cs with liquid glue, then a 1/2 x 4 strip of Mosaic Mood SDSP. Adhere this to the mint Macaron and your card is done!
The envelope got a little extra treatment today…
- Mosaic Mood SDSP adhered to the flap
- Butterfly Gala butterflies stamped in the front in Black Memento ink. I love how there is a separate stamp for the body AND for the antennae – for both the small butterfly and the large one.
Here’s a reminder…. The Mosaic Mood Specialty DSP is retiring! But… the Butterfly Gala stamp set is not 😁
I was going to save this next card for tomorrow, but just couldn’t wait. it’s too much fun… the technique is called Scrappy Strip and was developed by Bruno Bertucci. I used scraps from my Mosaic Mood stash to cut strips at an angle and the Butterfly Gala stamp set for the sentiment. Stitched Rectangles Dies were used for the sentiment.Please take special note of the envelope, cuz I like that as much as the card!
Thanks for stopping by
May you have a beautiful day
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card
Leave a Reply