Such a fun card… and I used the Hippest Hippo bundle from the Sale-a-bration Catalog. These two items – stamp set & dies – are separate items that can be earned with purchases of $50 each. And remember, during Sale-a-bration, all these items are while supplies last. Once gone, g-o-n-e! Here’s this fun card.
This gal is one dancin’ ballerina – on a bucket :O) which is adhered with dimensionals. Pacific Point card base, Basic White layer, Brights 6×6 DSP in Pacific Point. The hippo is colored with Blends: Light Smoky Slate & SU900; the skirt is Dark Highland Heather; Basic Black marker for the ballerina shoes, then die cut and added with dimensionals. The flowers are die cut from So Saffron and have Iridescent Pearl Basic Jewels in the center and added with dabs of liquid glue. The sentiment is stamped in Memento ink on Basic White, then die cut with Stylish Shapes Dies and added with a dimensional.
This is what makes this a ‘floating’ gatefold, the inside. These super cute hippos ‘float’ on the card with a definite 3 dimension. Coloring is the same as the hippo on the front. Additional blends: Dark Cherry Cobbler for the flower and Dark Shaded Spruce for the leaf. Additional die cuts are in Real Red and So Saffron. Don’t you just love the eye glasses?! I will be adding a Basic White panel to the back of the card for writing a note.
These two photos indicate the ‘floating’ mechanism, the strip. They also show where the small squares should line up – no higher/ or lower than the inside Basic White liner. The floating mechanism or strip is first attached to the square, then to the card gatefold (you can see this in the second ‘more inside help’ photo), then to the inside panel. All stamping or additional die cuts are added to the inside panel AFTER the Hippo & mechanism have been added. This way you know exactly where the open spaces are and the card easily lays flat for these additions. Sorry… should have taken a photo of the card totally flat but didn’t think of it 🥴
- Pacific Point:
- card base – 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, score at one end at 2 1/8, fold other end over ton meet it & burnish
- front layer – 3 x 4
- inside squares – 2 1/2 (cut 2)
- additional scrap for bucket
- DSP: Brights 6×6 DSP in Pacific Point 1 7/8 x 1 7/8 (cut 2 for front gatefolds)
- Basic White:
- 2 x 5 3/8 (cut 2 for front gatefolds)
- 3 1/4 x 4 14 (front layer)
- 2 3/4 x 3 3/4 (front layer for die cuts)
- additional pieces for stamping & die cutting hippos, circle die cut & inside sentiment on strip
- 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 (inside liner)
Thank you, Dawn Griffith, for the inspiration!
Products to make this card are from the Sale-a-bration Catalog and therefore FREE when you place a $50 – $100 order. In other words, the stamp set is available with a $50 order and the dies are available with a $50 order, so place an order for $100 to get both FREE! These are available only while Sale-a-bration lasts (Jul – Aug 31 and only while supplies last!). If you do not have a demonstrator and need catalogs please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. The other two catalogs available right now are the Jul-Dec 2022 Catalog and the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog. When ordering, please also use my current host code: YM6ZTUJE. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Star Special kicking off the new Jul-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog
OK – DOUBLE STAR REWARDS ended a bit ago ~ I’m sorry you missed the deal. BUT – With the start of this new catalog I am beginning a STAR REWARDS program ~ YAY! This will continue from this day forth and below is the informations about those customer rewards.
Here’s how my STAR REWARDS work:
- For each $50 that you order from my online store (before shipping & taxes) and when you add my current Host Code, you will earn 1 STAR Reward. Orders of $49.99 or below DO NOT earn any rewards.
- Example $50 = 1 STAR Reward, $100 = 2 STAR Rewards, $150 = 3 STAR Rewards etc.
- When you have earned 8 STAR Rewards you will get a FREE product order valued up to $40.00, your choice, and mailed directly to you! Is that a deal or what???
- You also earn my monthly Online Class Tutorial of exclusive projects when you place an order.
- For any order $50 or more you will also receive 1 free gift from me valued up to $10.
And remember too, during this time of Sale-a-bration, for every $50 order from any catalog, you’ll earn free Sale-a-bration goodies from Stampin’ Up!
Remember to use MY current HOST CODE: YM6ZTUJE Click here to go my store.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.
Send someone a handmade card filled with love.
Inspire. Create. Share.
Here comes the sun(flower) for a crafting experience you won’t forget! The Sweet Sunflowers Paper Pumpkin Kit has so much in store—elegant watercolor designs hand-crafted by our in-house artists, TWO Classic Stampin’ Spots for a Two-Step stamping experience, and the all-new twist technique to make your floral designs come alive with depth and detail!
And the August Paper Pumpkin Kit includes the Gold Foil Honeycomb Sheets as a FREE gift that will add the perfect golden accent to any card or project. We can’t wait to see the bee-utiful projects you’ll create!
This kit includes:
- All the supplies you need to create 9 cards: 3 each of 3 designs; and coordinating envelopes.
- An all-occasion stamp set to express words of gratitude, friendship, greetings and beautiful wildflower designed images.
- Specialty Vellum honeycomb shape pre-cut pieces.
- 2 Classic Stampin’ Spots (Crushed Curry and Soft Suede) for a Two-Step stamping experience with a twist!
- Paper pieces and embellishments with watercolor designs and images.
- Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- FREE GIFT: 8 Gold Foil Honeycomb Sheets
Completed card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
Coordinating Stampin’ Up! colors: Blackberry Bliss, Crushed Curry, Evening Evergreen, Melon Mambo, Mossy Meadow, Night of Navy, Pumpkin Pie, Soft Suede
Order between Jul 11 – Aug 10!
The Back To School Sales Tax Holiday is going on until August. For those of you living in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Missouri, New Mexico, Ohio, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia…you’ve got sales tax holidays coming up!! The good news is that some items in the Stampin’ Up! Catalogs qualify for the sales tax holidays! The list of sales tax holidays by state and items in that state that qualify Here on a printable PDF. Check it out to see when your state has the Sales Tax Holiday.