This Hippest Hippos bundle is just too fun. The looks on their faces AND the stances – well… make really cute cards. A real pick me up if someone isn’t feeling well, or a child’s card, an anniversary. Lots of options, just your creative mind to decide how to use them. And you can get these FREE when placing an order of $100. They are from the Sale-a-bration Catalog – each come with a $50 order. So in order to get both, ypou know, order $100 worth of product! Today’s card is a ‘fun fold’ and is designated a ‘flip flop’ by one of my teammates: Rosie Kean. Thank you Rosie for this fun, fun fold!
Hopefully you can see, it’s like a double card: the front is the flip of the small insert, the flop is the diagonal portion that flops back to see the inside. :O) I started with the main card base in Poll Party card stock, standard size, then made the diagonal cut from the fold to the lower right corner of the card front. Next step was the layering: Basic White and Subtles 6×6 DSP in Pool Party. It’s helpful not to use DSP that has a definitive up & down pattern, but it can be done. Because the DSP is double sided, I simply used the other side of the diagonal cut for for the inside. Of course, this requires two pieces of the DSP, the second being the inside back layer.
- The next is to create the smaller card. Again, Pool Party card stock and adhered with liquid glue to the center of the inside back. Now to the fun part of creating the decorated panel.
- Stamp the hippo in Memento ink on a Basic White piece.
- Color the hippo with Stampin’ Blends: Light Smoky Slate and Petal Pink. I even colored the nails, ‘cuz this is a girl hippo! The flower is Light Cherry Cobbler and the leaf is Light Shaded Spruce. Die cut this hippo with the Hippo Dies, put dimensionals on the back and set aside.
- With more of the Hippo Dies, cut the hearts from Real Red, the ground from Pear Pizzazz and the grasses from Garden Green. The little flower is die cut from So Saffron.
- With Blending Brushes and a Basic White panel, create the sun with So Saffron ink, then add sky with Balmy Blue ink as a bottom layer, then add a bit of Pool Party ink for sky variety :O) Blend these into the sun so there isn’t a line.
- Adhere ground, grasses and hearts with liquid glue. Add flower with a mini dimensional cut in half.
- Add the hippo – remember it’s on dimensionals too.
- Now stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray ink
- Adhere this completed panel to the smaller card front.
- Decorate with sentiment or stamping, the inside of the smaller card – on a Basic White panel. As you can see, I did not complete that panel yet – and it is not adhered in place either! This is going to a friend of mine who just had a hip replacement… too perfect with the sentiment, right?!! So I have to finish that today and get it in the mail.
Envelope… Cover the flap in more of the Subtles 6×6 DSP using Pool Party.
Card cuts are listed at the bottom of this post. Products to make this card are from the Sale-a-bration Catalog and therefore FREE when you place a $50 – $100 order. In other words, the stamp set is available with a $50 order and the dies are available with a $50 order, so place an order for $100 to get both FREE!
These are available only while Sale-a-brations lasts (Jul – Aug 31 and only while supplies last!). If you do not have a demonstrator and need catalogs please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. The other two catalogs available right now are the Jul-Dec 2022 Catalog and the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog. When ordering, please also use my current host code: YM6ZTUJE. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Star Special kicking off the new Jul-Dec 2022 Mini Catalog
OK – DOUBLE STAR REWARDS ended a bit ago ~ I’m sorry you missed the deal. BUT – With the start of this new catalog I am beginning a STAR REWARDS program ~ YAY! This will continue from this day forth and below is the informations about those customer rewards.
Here’s how my STAR REWARDS work:
- For each $50 that you order from my online store (before shipping & taxes) and when you add my current Host Code, you will earn 1 STAR Reward. Orders of $49.99 or below DO NOT earn any rewards.
- Example $50 = 1 STAR Reward, $100 = 2 STAR Rewards, $150 = 3 STAR Rewards etc.
- When you have earned 8 STAR Rewards you will get a FREE product order valued up to $40.00, your choice, and mailed directly to you! Is that a deal or what???
- You also earn my monthly Online Class Tutorial of exclusive projects when you place an order.
- For any order $50 or more you will also receive 1 free gift from me valued up to $10.
And remember too, during this time of Sale-a-bration, for every $50 order from any catalog, you’ll earn free Sale-a-bration goodies from Stampin’ Up!
Remember to use MY current HOST CODE: YM6ZTUJE Click here to go my store.
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.
Send someone a handmade card filled with love.
Inspire. Create. Share.
- card base: Pool Party 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 4 1/4, cut diagonal on card front from score line to right corner
- Basic White: 4 18 x 5 3/8 (inner liner), 4 x 5 1/4 (cut on diagonal from left top corner to right lower corner), 2 7/8 x 4 1/8 (for small card front, 2 3/4 x 4 (inner liner of small card), scrap for hippo
- DSP: Subtles 6×6 DSP in Pool Party 3 3/4 x 5 (cut on diagonal from left top corner to right lower corner), 5 x 5 1/4 (back panel layer)
- Real Red, Pear Pizzazz, Garden Green So Saffron – all scraps