Butterfly Brilliance shines again! This is such a gorgeous stamp and die bundle and I do have a ‘thing’ about butterflies. Yesterday we had our quarterly Team Meeting and did a bit of stamping as well as business. I chose to use different colors but the layout and idea are the same. Here’s a close-up of the butterfly as I covered it in Wink of Stella after coloring it in Stampin’ Blends and the sparkle doesn’t really show well.
Can you see the sparkle? Maybe just a bit, eh? Preparation:
- Card base is Terracotta Tile 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Basic White 4 x 5 1/4 (2), one for inside; enough for butterfly die cut + sentiment banner
- 2019-2021 In Color 6×6 DSP 3 7/8 x 5 1/8m – Terracotta Tile
- Crumb Cake 3 3/8 x 5 1/8
- In Good Taste DSP 3 1/4 x 5 1/8
- Stamp the butterfly from Butterfly Brilliance stamp set on a Basic White panel. I used Sahara Sand but would recommend Memento Black ink.
- Color the butterfly with Stampin’ Blends. I used Calypso Coral, Pumpkin Pie, Smoky Slate and Color Lifter. Cover with Wink of Stella. Die cut with the Brilliant Wings Dies. Hint: I have cut my butterflies apart and really like that I can use my mini die cut machine for these dies now. Plus they are so much more versatile for me. I have aslo cut the butterfly stamps apart as well 😁
- Stamp the In Good Taste panel with various butterflies – or just one of therm – in Sahara Sand ink. My ink pad is inky so it shows up a bit darker than I expected, but it’s still subtle enough for me.
- Adhere this panel to the Crumb Cake piece with liquid glue. Adhere these two pieces to the 2019-2021 In Color panel, again with liquid glue. Finally adhere all this to the Basic White piece. Put dimensionals on the back and adhere to the card front.
- Stamp your sentiment on Basic White – I did mine in Terracotta Tile ink and it comes from the Happy Thoughts stamp set. Die cut with Tasteful Labels Dies. Add to the card front with dimensionals.
- Put dimensionals on the die cut butterfly and add to the front.
- Add three (3) Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins and the card front is complete.
For the inside of the card… so simple. Stamp butterflies from Butterfly Brilliance stamp set in Sahara Sand ink on the remaining Basic White panel. Adhere this to the inside of the card and done, done.
For the envelope, I used the same butterfly and stamped it on the envelope front, then covered the flap with the remaining piece of the 2019-2020 In Color 6×6 DSP. Here’s repeat of that photo.
This card is not particularly feminine – intentionally so. It’s going to a male friend of ours who just had unplanned quadruple bypass surgery. Ugh… Cannot imagine his wife not being able to visit during this time of unknown due to the pandemic. But he is to be released from the hospital quite soon – so grateful for that!
Below is a product list of items used in today’s project. They come from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog as well as the 2021 Product Premier Butterfly Brilliance Collection, part of which will be in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog (stamp set & dies)~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE QDCUDHDC – good Mar 1 – 15. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Leave a Reply