Another beautiful day – and time change, Spring forward! This gets harder for me every year, not sure why… I’m not complaining, but why do we do this any more? It really does seem obsolete. But my card for today is definitely NOT obsolete… I love the colors, and it’s butterfly, what’s not to like?! Ok, here it is…
The title refers to the Rainbow Glimmer Paper under the butterfly 😏.
Preparation and how to:
- Cut Bermuda Bay cardf base 4 1/4 x 11 and score at 5 1/2
- Cut Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and adhere to card front with liquid glue
- Cut coordinating Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP 2 x 5 1/2 and adhere with liquid glue
- Cut 3 1/2″ square from Thick Basic White card stock and die cut this Swallowtail butterfly, running it through twice. HINT: Because of the Thick card stock, it’s necessary to make certain it cuts through thoroughly.
- Stamp the splatter using the A Touch of Ink stamp set and Bermuda Bay ink. OOPS – retired set from Sale-a-bration! Substitute could be the splatter stamp in Suite Sampler, a HOST set in the Jan-June Mini catalog.
- Add Foam Adhesive Strips to the backside edges of the square and reinforce with strips around the cut out butterfly as well.
- Attach this square to a panel of Rainbow Glimmer Paper cut to 3 3/8″ square.
- Add Iridescent Pearls to the body of the die cut butterfly.
- Attach a length of Foam Adhesive Strip on the underside of the body of the butterfly and adhere over opening die cut.
- Attach square to the card front with liquid glue and voila! It looks like this..
For the inside…
- Using another piece of the Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP cut to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, adhere with liquid glue to the inside of the card.
- Cut a panel of Basic White card stock 4 x 5 1/4 and stamp the butterfly in Bermuda Bay ink and the sentiment in Granny Apple Green ink. Both stamps come from the Positive Thoughts stamp set. Adhere this panel over the DSP on the inside of the card and the card is complete.
For the envelope… use the same butterfly from the Positive Thoughts stamp set and stamp on the flap and the envelope front in Bermuda Bay ink. DONE!
I love these dies! And just for your info, I have cut them apart! Yep – never done that with dies before, but I want to be able to use these dies individually and cutting them apart seemed to be the best way to do that. 😁 Of course, the next step is to cut the stamps apart as well.
Products for todays card are from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog as well as the 2021 Product Premier Butterfly Brilliance Collection, part of which will be in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE QDCUDHDC – good Mar 1 – 15. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know.
Being a part of the Stampin’ community brings all kinds of fringe benefits ~ early access to new catalogs, guaranteed 20% (or more) discount on all Stampin’ Up! products, free tutorials, access to web sites that will encourage and strengthen your abilities. Join my team now… you may do that here. Your kit can be your choice of items in your $99 Starter Kit (valued at $125!)
Have I reminded you that there will be new In Colors in the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog? The retiring colors are from the 2019-2021 group and are…Rococo Rose, Terracotta Tile, Pretty Peacock, Seaside Spray (my favorite from this set!!!) and Purple Posy. Below are some options for purchasing some of these in bundles. As a reminder, Purple Posy ink is not available as they had trouble with the ink pads right from the beginning, but paper and markers in Purple Posy are in each bundle below.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.