Today’s card uses the fabulous Love of Leaves Bundle. Have you noticed I can’t seem to stop using this bundle? The Stitched leaves Dies are really outstanding. This card was also inspired by the Paper Players Challenge.
And here’s the card…
I started this with the Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP. There are so many beautiful plaids in this package, double-sided even, that it is sometimes difficult to decide which to use :O) This plaid really drew me in though, so here are the details.
- Start with Cinnamon Cider card stock 4 1/4 x 11, scored at 5 1/2
- Using the Rectangle Stitched Dies, die cut three rectangles from the Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP. Adhere these to a panel of Whisper White card stock 3 x 4 1/2 with liquid glue. Adhere this to the card base, centering.
- Sponge a leaf from the Love of Leaves stamp set and stamp off, then stamp on a Whisper White scrap. I used Crushed Curry ink then Cinnamon Cider ink then a touch of Garden Green ink. (The first stamp leaf – die cut it and save for the inside of the card.) And why stamp off? The colors seemed way too bold and stamping off gives the stamp a soft hue. Oh, and I spritzed it with a bit of water before stamping it the second time.
- Die cut this leaf with the Stitched Leaves Dies. I love how one of the dies embosses the leaf while the other does the die cut. Adhere to the center panel with dimensionals. Add a double Linen Thread bow with a glue dot.
- The sentiment banner is a 3/8″ strip of Whisper White, stamped in Cinnamon Cider ink with the Love of Leaves stamp set. Add three 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots in Cinnamon Cider and attach with dimensionals to the card front – and voila!
For the inside…
- On a Whisper White panel 4 x 5 1/4 , add a Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP strip with liquid glue. I added a notched end for creativity :O).
- Stamp the sentiment in Cinnamon Cider ink – and it comes from the Love of Leaves stamp set. The leaf is the one from the front that was the first stamp. You can see the colors are much more bold and for me, it was too strong for the front of the card, but I love it for here. It’s adhered with liquid glue.
- Adhere this Whisper White panel to the inside of the card with liquid glue and the card is complete.
For the envelope…
This is a simple card – and I kept the envelope simple as well – by adding a panel of the Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP to the flap with liquid glue, trim to fit – and that was it. Lovely Lovely.
Options for this card…
#1 create a layer of texture by embossing a panel and adhering it directly to the card front, then adding the rest of the parts.
#2 die cut leaves for all three panels; adhere the two outside leaves with liquid glue while keeping the center leaf on dimesnionals. If adding leaves to all three panels, maybe don’t color them at all.
Ok, just thought I would add those couple of thoughts in hopes you will share what you create 😁. I hope you like today’s card. I really like the simplicity of it, the unfussiness.
Products for today’s card may be found below. When you purchase from me, please use my CURRENT HOST CODE – HXXMKN2X to receive a free item valued at $10 when you spend $50 – $150 in my online store. This Host code is good through October – just two more days – then we start with a new one! If your purchases exceed $150, you’ll still get that free item from me, but don’t use the host code as Stampin’ Up! has rewards as well. Make sense? OK… two more days left for the Designer Series Paper sale – 15% off – how can you beat that? Stock up now before it’s too late!
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Designer Series Paper Sale – 15% off!