Hello again! Today’s card is made with a brand new suite of products that will be available in the new Jan- June 2021 Mini Catalog . It’s called the Dragonfly Garden Suite, beautiful, beautiful. Remember that dragonfly from a couple of years ago – now there is a new Dragonfly Punch that coordinates with this stamp set! Let’s take a peek at the card…
This card incorporates several products from the suite: the Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP, the Dragonfly Garden stamp set, the Dragonfly punch (although I only punched the small dragonfly) and the Braided Linen Trim in Mossy Meadow. The only product not used is the Lady Bug Trinkets – next time.
Let me talk you through the making of this card…
- Begin with Thick Whisper White 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2 for your card base.
- Add a layer (4 1/4 x 5 1/2) of the Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP to the card front with liquid glue.
- Die cut a panel of Mossy Meadow card stock and another of Whisper White card stock with the same size Rectangle Stitched Dies (I used the third largest die)
- Stamp the Whisper White panel with the lovely spray of wildflowers from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set in Mossy Meadow ink. Color with Markers: Bumblebee, Soft Suede and Pear Pizzazz
- Stamp the butterfly bunch in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color with Highland Heather Blends. Cover with Wink of Stella for added sparkle.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Path of Petals stamp set in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Punch the small dragonfly from a Whisper White scrap using the Dragonfly Punch. Color with Basic Black Marker and the Highland Heather marker. Attach with a mini glue dot.
- Find the center on this panel and punch a hole for the ribbon. Depending on the size of the ribbon, the hole size will vary. Loop a length of ribbon through the hole (I used the Polka Dot 5/8″ Tulle Ribbon) and tied this with a short length of the Mossy Meadow Braided Linen Trim. Yep, I need to trim the length of this tulle – it’s too long 😜
- Adhere the stamped Whisper White panel to the already die cut Mossy Meadow panel with liquid glue or Stampin Seal, creating an interesting angle. Attach these two to the card front with dimensionals.
For the inside… and the envelope too
- Stamp the dragonfly from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set twice on the Whisper White panel (3 3/4 x 5) with Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Color with Highland Heather Blends. Cover with Wink of Stella. The shine is glorious! Perhaps this picture will show it better.
- Adhere the stamped Whisper White panel to Mossy Meadow card stock (4 x 5 1/4) with liquid glue. Then add this to the inside of the card, also with liquid glue.
- Stamp the Butterfly on the envelope front in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and color with Stampin Blends Highland Heather and cover with Wink of Stella. VOILA! Your card is complete…
This is such a beautiful stamp set and suite of products – I’ll be posting more ideas using it in the coming weeks…. The Dragonfly Garden Suite!
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Leave a Reply