This fun fold is a new one for me and I really enjoyed doing it. Using the Christmas Gleaming stamp set and the Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP really brought it to life. The fun fold is called a Pull tab pop-up card.
In the pictures above you can see the pull tab with the ribbon with the pop-up closed. In the right photo the pop-up has been pulled open. AND the card has an inside to it as well – but we’ll get to that later. Let’s begin with some specific card stock cuts for the front of the card.
- card base is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/4. Here I used Thick Very Vanilla.
- layer 1 is 3 3/4 x 5 and I used Brushed Metallic in copper
- layer 2 is the DSP 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 – Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP
- the pull tab pop-up layer…
- the tab is 2 x 6 scored at 2 & 2 1/2, then punched on the long end with the Scalloped Tag Topper punch (Night of Navy for this card)
- die cut 3 stitched squares for the front of the pop-up using the Stitched Shapes Dies: 1 large from Night of Navy, 1 next to largest in the Brushed Metallic Copper, and the next size down in
- the Brightly Gleaming SDSP
- the sentiment layer of the pull tab…
- die cut 2 stitched squares using the Stitched Shapes Dies: 1 next to largest in Night of Navy and 1 in next smaller square in Very Vanilla for the sentiment
Directions for putting the pull tab together….
- Put the front 3 layers together using liquid glue: Night of Navy, then Brushed Metallic, then the SDSP. Add a gilded Gem to the center of the SDSP. Set this front panel aside.
- with the scalloped end of the pull tab to the right, and the tab folded forward on the 2″ mark, adhere the remaining Night of Navy square to it with liquid glue, butting it up against the fold.
- now fold on the 2 1/2″ score and add a strip of Tear n Tape between the score lines. Adhere the decorated front panel again adhering against the 2 1/2″ fold line. This larger square should now completely cover the smaller sentiment square.
- Stamp the sentiment using the Christmas Gleaming stamp set and Pretty Peacock ink onto the Very Vanilla stitched square. Adhere to the inner Night of Navy square with liquid glue. Your pull tab. is now ready to install 😁.
Directions for adhering the pull tab into the card.
- with the 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 piece of Brightly Gleaming SDSP and the Classic Label Punch, make a vertical “slit” for the tab, centering it vertically. It should be centered both vertically and horizontally
- slip the scalloped end of the tab through from the top and add a ribbon (Very Vanilla 1/2″ ribbon from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack was used here). Staple to the tab
- the next step is to adhere the tab to the front of the SDSP :
- the tab is through the punched opening with the decorated front panel face down and the sentiment panel showing.
- adhere a strip of Tear n Tape to the right hand side of the BACK of the sentiment panel.
- bring the decorated front panel forward making certain it is centered on the SDSP front and press – adhering the tab.
- adhere this SDSP panel & pull tab to the Brushed Metallic copper panel with liquid glue
- Put dimensionals on the back, avoiding the pull tab area and adhere to the Very Vanilla card base. VOILA! Your card front is complete.😉
For the inside and the envelope…
You have done all the hard part – the rest is easy…
- stamp the ornament & the sentiment using the Christmas Gleaming stamp set & Pretty Peacock ink on the Very Vanilla panel (3 3/4 x 5)
- adhere to a piece of Night of Navy (4 x 5 1/4) with liquid glue and then into the card base with liquid glue.
- for the envelope, adhere a strip (2 1/4 x 6) of the Brightly Gleaming SDSP to the envelope flap with liquid glue and trim.
- stamp the smaller ornament to the envelope front with the Christmas Gleaming stamp set & Pretty Peacock ink. Your card is DONE…
I hope my directions are clear… more pictures of the steps might have helped. Having said that, if you try to follow the step by step it will get the desired result.
Products are listed below…. today is the LAST DAY to order any of the 15% off select Designer Series Papers. When you purchase from me, please use my CURRENT HOST CODE – HXXMKN2X to receive a free item valued at $10 when you spend $50 – $150 in my online store. This Host code is good through October – just one more day – then we start with a new one! If your purchases exceed $150, you’ll still get that free item from me, but don’t use the host code as Stampin’ Up! has rewards as well.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.