Hello again… I think you are going to love this card… it’s a slimline card made with the Dove of Hope Bundle and Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper. Gosh this is pretty … velvetty-like on vellum.
This definitely non-traditional Christmas colors, but I’m really pleased with the way it turned out. Let’s talk about how we did this…
- Thick Whisper White card base – slimline fashion
- Layer of Blushing Bride cs adhered with liquid glue to the card front
- Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper layer adhered with liquid glue HINT: glue in strategic spots on the backside of the ‘plush’ where the plush comes together.
- Stamp the dove with Smokey Slate ink onto Whisper Whiter cs.
- Using the Detailed Dove Dies from this exquisite bundle, die cut the stamped dove.
- Die cut the ‘olive branch’ out of Mint Macaron cs.
- Adhere the ribbon – Snowflake Splendor Ribbon – using snail
- Adhere the dove over the top of the ribbon with dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Dove of Hope stamp set, again in Smokey Slate ink, on a Whisper White strip. Punch the ends using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.
- Using the Ornate Borders Dies and a 1/2″ x 3 1/4″ scrap of Blushing Bride, cut a decorative border. Add to the back of the sentiment banner with liquid glue and trim for proper length. Adhere banner with dimensionals to the card front.
For the inside…
- Adhere Blushing Bride cs to the card inside
- To a Whisper White panel, stamp the sentiment from Dove of Hope stamp set in Smokey Slate ink.
- Over the top of this stamp the larger ‘olive branch’ with stamped off twice Mint Macaron ink.
- Adhere this panel to the card inside and the card is complete.
Now for the envelope… first we create the envelope 😊 – easy peasy
- Using a full 8 1/2 x 11 Blushing Bride cs, score on the long side @ 2 1/2″ & 6 1/2″. Score on the short side 1 1/2″ & 10 1/2″. Burnish all score lines.
- Remove the corners by cutting along the score lines.
On the 1 1/2″ end, use the Detailed Trio Punch, round the corners. Your piece should look like this…
- Fold in the 1/2 end, add Tape n Tape or liquid glue and fold over the 2″ length, adhering it.
- Add liquid glue to the long side and fold the 2 1/2″ length over it. Your envelope is created!
- Now decorate… I stamped the sentiment from the Dove of Hope stamp set in Smokey Slate ink, then added the snowflake from the same stamp set near the sentiment and several on the envelope flap, also in Smokey Slate ink.
Such a fun and beautiful card using this wonderful Dove of Hope Bundle. I do hope you will try this and would love to see your version. Card cuts are listed at the end of this post. Would love to have you shop with me – and the items used for this project are shown below. Just click on them and it will take you directly to my online shop to complete your purchase – or… click “add all to cart” :O)
Thanks for stopping by.
- May you have a beautiful day.
- Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.
- Thick Whisper White 8 1/2 x 7
- Blushing Bride 2 1/2 x 7 for card front,1/2 ” x about 3 1/4″ scrap for under sentiment panel, 3 x 8 for inside, 8 1/2 x 11 for envelope
- Whisper Whiten – 3 x 3 for the dove die cut, 1/2 x 4 for the sentiment banner, 2 1/2 x 7 1/2 for the inside panel