Helllooooo… today is what I’m calling Terrific Tuesday. Why? Just because 😁 Here is a card created for sunshine and fall using Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP.
Is this sunflower gorgeous or what!!! How did I do that? The stamp itself does most of the work, I simply added a variety of inks.
- Inks used for this stunning sunflower… Mango Melody, Bumblebee, Cinnamon Cider, Cajun Craze. The Cinnamon Cider is mostly around the inside rim, with the Cajun Craze in the very center. The other colors are randomly daubed on with… a sponge dauber.
- With the Sunflowers Dies, I die cut the overlay from Mango Melody card stock and layered it on the inked flower with dimensionals. This gives it a wonderful 3-D effect.
- I cut a panel of Plaid Tidings 6×6 DSP and adhered it to a slightly larger panel of Early Espresso with liquid glue.
- With the Whisper White panel, I ran it through the die cutting machine with a die from the Stitched Leaves Dies that does not cut, but embosses these straight lines. It creates wonderful texture. hmmmm – can’t see it in the above photo…
- I adhered this white panel to a card base of Mango Melody with liquid glue
- I die cut three leaves using dies from Stitched Leaves dies – out of Granny Apple Green card stock
- I had lying on my desk a wheat sheaf cut from the Sunflowers Dies – cut from Crumb Cake card stock and lightly colored with Cajun Craze ink using a sponge dauber.
- Assembly… the white panel is already on the Mango Melody card base. Adhere the Plaid Tidings 6×6 / Early Espresso panel with liquid glue. Attach the sunflower with dimensionals, then add the two lower leaves with liquid glue, then the third with dimensionals, slipping them under the flower. Add the wheat sheaf with liquid glue. Add the bow (using Gingham Ribbon in Bumblebee) with a glue dot.
- The last step is the sentiment panel… I stamped the sentiment from Stitched Leaves stamp set in Early Espresso ink, then punched it out using the Rectangular Postage Punch. I adhered it to the card front with dimensionals. To give it some glam, I added several 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots and the card front was done.
Texture, glam, dimension – wow! Love this card!
The inside was super easy –
- I stamped a leaf from the Sunflower Dies using the same process as the sunflower… using a sponge dauber and various inks… Garden Green along the stem line, then Cajun Craze and Bumblebee. I used the outline die to cut it out.
- I adhered a strip of adhesive sheet to the back of Mango Melody card stock then used a leaf die to die cut. Because it had adhesive on the back, I simply removed the backing and covered the already stamped leaf. This is the upper leaf.
- With a scrap of Granny Apple Green card stock, I die cut another leaf from the Stitched Leaves Dies. This leaf has both embossing and is die cut! The same leaf that is on the front of the card.
- Adhere both leaves with liquid glue to a panel of Whisper White and adhere this to the inside of the card with liquid glue.
Card cuts are listed at the bottom of this post.
- Mango Melody 8 1/2 x 4 scored at 3 1/2, 3 1/2 square for intricate sunflower die + scrap for inside intricate leaf die
- Whisper White 8 3/8 x 3 3/8 (front), 1 1/2 x 2 (sentiment), 3 x 8 (inside), 3 1/2 square for sunflower, scrap for inside leaf
- Granny Apple Green 2 1/2 x 4 1/2 – four leaves