It’s Friday already – where did this week go? How was it – did you have a good week? We had lots of meetings this week, mostly virtual – and that’s OK. Being able to accomplish the goals is what matters. Ok – idle chatter… let’s get on with it shall we?
Today’s card is another fall one – a masculine birthday card. And it’s the DSP that really takes center stage, although… the Autumn Punch pack from the Beautiful Autumn bundle shows itself pretty well too. This is a CASE of a card I saw by another demo: Dawn Olchefske. Thanks for the inspiration!
Let’s take a peek at how we made this card.
- cut a rectangle with Stitched Rectangle Dies from a 2 x 4 piece of Pumpkin Pie cs. SAVE the outside trim!
- Using the wonderful Autumn Punch Pack, punch the leaves and acorn. And quick tip… align the right side of the punch with the paper and punch, then move to the left side and align the left sign and punch, then punch the center. And if it helps even more, lightly draw a center line that can be erased after punching.
- Slip a DSP scrap behind it and adhere with liquid glue. There are so many possibilities in this Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP pack, but I definitely wanted masculine and this check fit that perfectly.
- Mat on a layer of Early Espresso cs with dimensionals. But wait – some texture… I played around with several things, paper, various ribbons, even other DSP, but settled on this from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack. Layer and adhere with Stampin Seal then place on the Early Espresso cs.
- Adhere another panel of Gilded Autumn DSP to the Early Espresso card base with liquid glue. (What I would do differently here… adhere DSP to Very Vanilla OR Pumpkin Pie layer, then to the card stock base.)
- Stamp the birthday sentiment from the Best Year stamp set with Pumpkin Pie ink on Very Vanilla cs. Die cut using the Ornate Frames Dies.
- Adhere both the sentiment panel and the Autumn Punch panel to the card using liquid glue.
- For a bit of ‘glam’ and added texture – add the Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins to the sentiment panel.
For the inside… and I really like how this turned out!
- Adhere the saved ‘trim’ from the Stitched Rectangle onto a panel of Very Vanilla cs, using liquid glue.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Banner Year stamp set in Early Espresso ink.
- Adhere the punched out leaves/ acorn (from the card front) with liquid glue.
- Adhere the Very Vanilla panel to the card base – and voila – the card is complete.
For the envelope..
- Adhere same Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP to the envelope flap
- Stamp the acorn from the Beautiful Autumn bundle on the envelope front with Early Espresso ink.
- Below is a list of the products used for today’s card. Click and it will take you to my online store 😁. Card Cuts are listed below.
- <div><div><div id=”cb42d4e6-a18c-4a4c-841e-8498a52a7759″>https://mystampinblog.com/Showcase/Details/b218f205-2615-4bb3-a275-66f16adaa50c?layout=Tiled&showSku=True&showPrice=True&showSalePrice=True&showAddToCart=False&showAddAllToCart=True&showDownload=True&transparent=True&bordered=True&hFontHeight=14&rFontHeight=13&imageHeight=120&middleContent=False</div>https://mystampinblog.com/Script/ShowcaseDetailsScript</div></div>
- Early Espresso 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2, 1 7/8 x 4
- Gilded Autumn Specialty DSP 4 1/8 x 5 3/8, 2 1/4 x is 6, scrap
- Pumpkin Pie 2 x 4
- Very Vanilla 4 x 5 1/4, scrap 2 1/2 x 1 1/2