Hi Everyone – lots of new items to share with you today… products. from the Snowflake Splendor Suite AND using those to make a Triple Shutter Card! First of all, I have never made one of these before and was concerned it would be extremely difficult. It wasn’t… It did take a bit of figuring out, which DSP to go where and making certain I had the die cuts correct. But it was super fun and I felt a sense of accomplishment after. Here’s the card…
Notice how the center panel is folded mountain, valley. The upper and lower panels are just the opposite: valley, mountain. valley – three folds. Burnishing the score lines in the proper direction is one of the most important aspects of this fun fold. Notice too, that where the sentiment banners are, there is no fold. Those papers are also the same and form what I would call a ‘T’. This will help you if you can remember this when scoring and putting the papers together. Here’s another picture – a flat one that shows off every panel.
And here’s a top–down photo.
This doesn’t quite show that upper strip going in the same direction of the bottom strip, but it does! Here’s a list of products I used to make this card… dimensions are listed at the bottom of the post.
- Snowflake Splendor Suite…
- Snowflake Wishes stamp set
- coordinating So Many Snowflake Dies
- Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems
- Snowflake Splendor DSP – 3 patterns
- Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper
- Seaside Spray cs – card base 5 1/2 x 12 (scored at 2, 4, 8, 10 on the long side) + extra scraps for the two banners
- Pacific Point cs – background for all DSP
- Whisper White scraps
- Pacific Point ink
- Detailed Bands Dies
- Poinsettia Petals stamp set
- a retired item… Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper – could use Silver Foil Sheets
- Score cs base as mentioned earlier at 2, 4, 8, 10 on the long side. Card stock base for this card is Seaside Spray.
- Turn paper to short side and place at 1 1/2″ mark: cut from first score line to bottom score line. Turn paper over, still on the short side, place at 1 1/2″ mark again and cut from first score line to bottom score line.
- Burnish top and bottom “strips” so they are valley, mountain, valley
- Burnish middle strip at second score line, mountain; then third score line valley. Do not burnish the middle strip first or last score lines.
- Cut Pacific Point cs to dimensions listed below and adhere to appropriate panels
- Cut DSP to dimensions listed below: there are 3 designs used from the Snowflake Splendor DSP. There are listed below as a, b, c. Adhere to appropriate panels.
- Die cut snowflakes using the So Many Snowflakes Dies: 2 from Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper and 4 from Dazzling Diamonds (you could also use Whisper White cs and cover snowflakes with Wink of Stella OR cut from Silver Foil sheets)
- Stamp banner sentiments from Poinsettia Petals stamp set in Pacific point ink (for end panels)
- Cut banners using the Detailed Bands Dies: 2 from Pacific point, 2 from Seaside Spray (cut in half lengthwise) and 2 stamped sentiments using the oval from Whisper White. The front banner is attached with dimenionals. The other banner is attached with liquid glue.
- Use liquid glue to adhere snowflakes
- Attach the Blue Adhesive-Backed Gems
- Here’s what I did with the bak of the card…
The envelope got a strip of the Snowflake Splendor DSP and a snowflake bunch stamped from the Snowflake Wishes stamp set.
This is such a showy card, elegant as well ~ and I had lots of good vibes putting it together. It’s always a special feeling when creating something that I feel so good about. All of these items are available in the Aug-Dec 2020 Mini Catalog, which goes live to customers 4 Aug. If you do not have a demonstrator I would be happy to connect with you, send along this catalog and find out something about you so I can serve you better.
Right now, SU! has a special called BONUS DAYS. For every $50 you spend from now until 3 Aug, you receive an email from SU! with a $5 coupon to be redeemed 4-31 Aug. Got it? It’s a real deal…
And when you order from me, please use my July host code to receive a SU! item worth $10 when your purchase is $50-$150. Sounds like another good deal, right?! It is…
- Seaside Spray 5 1/2 x 12, scored at 2, 4, 8, 10 + scraps for sentiment banners
- Pacific Point cs:
- panels a ~ 1 3/4 x5 1/4 (x 2); 1 1/4 x 2 1/4 (x 2)
- panels b ~ 1 1/4 x 1 3/4 (x 4)
- panel c ~ 3 3/4 x 2 1/4 (x 2 – one is for the back of card)
- + scraps for sentiment banners
- Snowflake Splendor DSP:
- design a ~ 1 5/8 x 5 1/8 (x 2); 1 5/8 x 2 1/8 (x 2)
- design b ~ 1 1/8 x 1 5/8 (x 2); 3 5/8 x 2 1/8 (x 1)
- design c ~ 3 5/8 x 1 1/8 (x 2)
- Whisper White:
- 3 5/8 x 2 1/8 for back of card
- + scraps for sentiment banners
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card made with love.