Hello… Yesterday was a glorious day – started out with an early morning sail. It was perfect – 8-9 mph winds, no power boats to make us rock. We were the only sailboat. on the river… After sailing, we came home, had a hearty breakfast, walked the dog, then I settled in to create this very cool card…
It is made with several items from the Poinsettia Place Suite of products found on pg 16 of the Aug-Dec 2020 Mini catalog. Don’t have a catalog??? I can fix that 😁. If you don’t have a demonstrator, let’s connect before the catalog goes live to customers Aug 4.
Back to the card and the details…
- 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 Soft Sea Foam, scored at 2 1/8 from both ends on the long side
- Plush Poinsettia Specialty Paper 1 7/8 x 5 1/4 (x2). Adhere to side panels of the card base
- 2 7/8″ square of Soft Sea Foam cs
- Square Doily adhered to the square with a swipe of Stampin Seal just in the middle
- Poinsettia Dies: Die cut the 3 poinsettia pieces and with a sponge dauber, gently brush along each petal edge with Blushing Bride ink, and sometimes swipe in the center of the bracht as well. Adhere together with liquid glue. Adhere this sweet Beaded Pearls to the center. These are such COOL dies… one portion embosses the bracht while another portion die cuts – running these through the die cutting machine at the same time…
- Stamp the leaf outline/ veins in Garden Green ink using the Poinsettia Petals stamp set. There are two sizes of leaves – I did two large (one I used on the inside of the card) and two of the smaller.
- Stamp the leaf centers with Soft Sea Foam ink – again two options in the Poinsettia Petals stamp set. I used the slimmer version on the smaller leaf and the broader version on the larger leaf. Die cut the leaves with the outline die. Attach to the backside of the poinsettia with liquid glue, then adhere the completed poinsettia to the doily/ card stock piece.
- For the inside… Whisper White panel 4 x 5 1/4… stamp the two sentiments in Garden Green ink from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set. Gorgeous fonts! Adhere to the inside with liquid glue.
- Attach the additional leaf to the inside of the right panel and your card is complete!!!
- The envelope got some special treatment:
- Again from the Poinsettia Place Suite is Poinsettia Place DSP – cut a 2 1/4 x 6 piece for the envelope flap. Adhere with liquid glue, trim.
- The front of the envelope got a fun berry stamp from the Poinsettia Petals stamp set, stamped in Crumb Cake ink. Color the berries with Dark So Saffron Blends marker. TIP: be sure to put a scrap piece in your envelope when colored with the blends so it does not bleed through to the back of the envelope.
Whee! Your beautiful card is complete and ready to put in your stash for the upcoming holidays. It’s a start, right? Remember I mentioned the Aug-Dec 2020 Mini Catalog going live to customers 4 Aug? SU! has some fabulous Bonus Days offering right now… spend $50 in product between now and 3 Aug and receive a $5 coupon to redeem $-31 Aug. Such a good deal! Spend $100 and get two coupons. These coupons are sent by email, so you do have to provide that to SU! to receive them, but that’s not a big deal. Their security system is top notch!
And when you order from me, please use my July host code to receive a SU! item worth $10 when your purchase is $50-$150. Sounds like a deal, right?!
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card made with love.
Leave a Reply