Hello… Today is Fun Fold Friday – at least for today anyway. Fun Folds can be complicated or easy, This one is pretty easy: it’s as though you are creating two cards, one smaller, and putting together. Let’s take a look…
Is that fun or what? And beautiful? SU! has done it again with their gorgeous coordinating papers. These papers come from the Guilded Autumn Specialty DSP pack in the August ~ December 2020 Mini Catalog. If you want to know how to get your pack of these papers, contact me and we’ll connect!
Now let’s talk about how to put this card together:
- Crumb Cake is our card base 8 1/2 x 5 1/2, scored at 2 1/8 and 4 1/4 on the long side; cut another piece for the smaller portion 3 3/4 x 6 1/4, score at 2 1/8 and 4 1/4 along the long side
- Cut Early Espresso (2) 2 x 5 3/8 and 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 for the card base; for the smaller card cut Early Espresso (3) 1 7/8 x 3 5/8
- Cut Specialty DSP (2) 1 7/8 x 5 1/4, 4 x 5 1/4; for the smaller card cut Specialty DSP (2) 1 3/4 x 3 1/2
- Cut Very Vanilla 1 3/4 x 3 1/2
- Stamp the sentiment on Very Vanilla using Early Espresso ink ~ mine is from Path of Petals stamp set
- Adhere all Specialty DSP to the appropriate size Early Espresso.
- Adhere these panels to their respective card bases, including the Very Vanilla sentiment panel
- Adhere these to their respective card bases EXCEPT THE LARGEST PANEL.
- Wrap a ribbon around the right edge of this largest panel and tie as knot. Adhere in back with glue dots and also under the knot. My ribbon is from the Guilded Autumn Suite and it is called Mint Macaron 1/2″ Basketweave Ribbon. It comes in a combo pack called the Basketweave Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack. Gorgeous! Now adhere this large panel into your card base.
Now it is time to adhere the two cards together.. I find it helpful to use my grid paper for placement.. This NOT difficult… place the smaller card in the center of the larger panel and adhere with liquid glue. TIP: I find it helpful to use my grid paper for centering.
Now close the card with the smaller, loose card flap coming over the top of the base card. Keeping the base card closed, adhere the loose panel with liquid glue. Bingo…
I used my Oval Dies to cut a scalloped oval out of Early espresso. Stamp the appropriate sentiment in Early Espresso ink on a panel of Very vanilla (mine is from Good Morning Magnolia stamp set) then die cut with another plain Oval Die. Adhere together with liquid glue. Put dimensionals on the back and attach to the small front card. YAY! Your card is complete and wonderful and ready to send. Mine is going to a family that I have worked with over the last 30 plus years that has done printing for me. The woman died after a very short illness. UGH! Loss is so hard, especially during these physically distant times….
Anyway, back to the card… for the envelope I adhered a strip of Early Espresso then the additional Specialty DSP to the envelope flap and nothing else. I hope you try making this fun fold. I like all the layering… it adds a ton of elegance to the card.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card filled with love.