Woohoo – it’s Saturday! How are you doing during this time of isolation? I’m praying you and your family are well and safe. It’s a scary time for sure and awkward to not be able to hug one another, console one another in the way we used to. In the meantime…. I couldn’t resist making another card using the Stampin’ Up! Celebrate Sunflower and Sunflower Dies – just too beautiful and fun! Take a look at today’s card…
Items I used for this card:
- Mango Melody Blends and marker
- Bronze Blends
- Light and Dark Soft Suede Blends
- Gilded Gems
- Antiqued Corners and Slides Elements
- Wink of Stella
- Daffodil Delight 1/4″ Ruched Ribbon
- Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder
- So Saffron cs
- Spray cs
- Misty Moonlight cs
- Shimmer paper or Thick Whisper White cs
- Sissix adhesive sheets
- Adhere the Sissix adhesive sheet to the back of the Shimmer or Thick Whisper White cs
- Die cut the sunflower from Shimmer paper or Whisper White. Here’s why I say OR… Originally I wanted the sunflower to be all white with just the center colored, but I didn’t like it once I die cut the sunflower. So, we adapt!!! But on with the directions … The sunflower is die cut, still on the cutting plate, now what… Remove the top cutting plate keeping all the die cut pieces in place. Put a layer of Press n Seal over the sunflower and press firmly so all pieces stick to it.. This will help keep everything right where it needs to be. Here’s the point – you want to raise the die cut pieces of the sunflower by putting dimensionals on as many of those little sunflower petals as possible, and not lose the petals from their designated place. Pull on the Press n Seal lifting all the die cut pieces off the cutting platform. Pretty cool, right? You are now ready to put dimensionals on those petals. Add mini dimensionals to as many of the flower petals as you so desire, cutting some dimensionals to fit the petal. Some are soooo tiny. And I did not put dimensionals on all of the petals – as you see empty spaces in the photo – as though some of the petals have fallen off the sunflower. :o) Carefully remove the backing on the dimensionals.
- Place a 3 1/8 square of Seaside Spray over the sunflower so the sunflower petals adhere to it. What should still be on your Press n Seal is the outline die cut of the sunflower. Isn’t it gorgeous?
- Now is when I colored the petals with Dark and Light Mango Melody Blends
- Remove the outline die cut from the Press n Seal and color the center: Bronze for the very center, then Light and Dark Soft Suede Blends. Put a dimensional on the small center piece and set aside.
- Remove the Sissix adhesive backing from the remaining outline die cut Place it onto the Seaside Spray, lining it up over the appropriate petals. Press it down so it adheres to the Seaside Spray. Gorgeous and stunning! You have done the hard part – whew…
- Adhere the Seaside Spray to Misty Moonlight 3 3/8 square with liquid glue. Add these fun Antiqued Corners with glue dots, Put dimensionals on the back and set aside.
- Run a 4 1/8 x 5 3/8 panel of So Saffron through the Tasteful Textured 3D Embossing Folder.
- Adhere the Misty Moonlight decorated panel to the embossed So Saffron.
- Stamp your sentiment with Misty Moonlight ink spot (that’s all we have right now until we can order the ink pad on June 3! It came from the May PP) The sentiment is from the Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set.
- Wrap a length of Daffodil Delight 1/4″ Ruched Ribbon around, adhering with a glue dot , then attach the buckle and adhere that in place with a glue dot as well.
- Add three Gilded Gems around the sunflower and the card front is done!
The inside and envelope is easy peasy:
- Stamp the sentiment with the ink spot Misty Moonlight, then stamp the sunflowers in Mango Melody. I took the Light Mango melody Blends and created an abbreviated outline, just cuz. It makes it look similar to the sunflower on the front.
- Adhere this panel to the inside of your card with liquid glue. Card is complete!!!
- Stamp the envelope flap and front with the same sunflower and mango Melody. Done, done done.
Don’t you love this? Here’s another picture.
Ordering for all these supplies begins Jun 3. Would you like to join me in ordering supplies or bering part of my team? Use my current HOST CODE J2E4VDGM to get a free gift worth $10 in product from me when your order is $50-$150. Woohoo!
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.