Wow! Late post today… I’ve been cleaning out a space and got caught up in the throws of it all… Todays cards are two for one: another fun fold as yesterday, but turned sideways & a regular 4 1/4″ x 11″. Yesterdays was for our 10 yr old granddaughter – who is a sweetheart and growing up waaay too fast. This one is for our 19 year old grandson, so it needed to be masculine 😏. He’s wonderful… and a general gem of a young man. Am I a proud Nana? You bet I am! The next card is for our 12 year old grandson and I get bragging rights on him too: gentle soul, tender hearted and growing to a man already.
Here’s the card for the 19 year old… it’s simple and perfect for him…
Here are the card cuts…
- It starts with a 4 1/4″ x 11″ Thick Whisper White. Score at 5 1/2″, then trim off 1″ the front edge
- Cut your DSP 4 1/4″ x 4″ for the front panel, 4 ” x 5 1/4″ for the inside, 2 1/2″ square for the insert panel and a 2 3/4″ square for the back of the insert panel (the part you see when you open the insert); 2/14″ x 6″ for the envelope flap
- Night of Navy 2 3/4″ square (the 2 1/2″ DSP gets adhered to this) + approx. 3″ scrap for the scalloped layer on card front
- Whisper White 4″ x 4 1/4″ inside front panel); 3″ x 6″ scored at 3″ (insert panel), a 2 3/4″ square for the inside panel + scrap approx. 3″ square for stamping the image for the front of the panel
- Adhere the 4″ x 5 1/4″ DSP to the card inside; adhere the 2 1/2″ DSP square to the 2 3/4″ Night of Navy and adhere this to the 3″ x 6″ insert panel for the card front
- Stamp the 4″ x 4 1/4″ Whisper White with the grass from the March PP kit in Garden Green. Add the bunny, also from the same kit, using Memento Black ink. Adhere this to the left inside of your card using liquid glue
- While you have the grass and Garden Green handy, stamp the front of the envelope
- With the scrap of Whisper White, stamp the bunny in Memento Black ink making certain you are stamping it on the diagonal, create a mask, and stamp the grass in Garden Green. Using a Layering Square Die, cut this piece
- Using a scalloped Layering Square Die, cut a piece of Night of Navy to go behind the bunny/ grass Whisper White piece. Adhere the Whisper White stamped piece to the Night of Navy scalloped piece with liquid glue. Put dimensionals on the back and adhere to the insert panel. Add a pom-pom for the Assorted Pom-Poms elements available in the SAB catalogue. Stamp your sentiment (I used Itty Bitty Greetings) in Memento Black ink and adhere this insert panel to the inside of the card (the DSP layer).
- Using a glue dot, adhere a neodynium magnet to the inside panel insert (it should sit right behind the point of the diagonal piece on dimensionals). With the second magnet attached to this, add a glue dot to the back and close the panel over the front of the card that has no decoration. This will match those magnets perfectly and allow your card to stay shut.
- Open your card and adhere your 4 1/4″ x 4″ DSP to the card front panel using liquid glue
Wow – your card is done…
- You have already stamped the grass on the envelope front. Now adhere the 2 1/4″ x 6″ DSP to the envelope flap
Card #2 is for the 12 year old growing to close to 6′ already
Here’s what’s needed…
- Old Olive and Pear Pizzazz markers
- Light Petal Pink Blends
- Iridescent Sequins Assortment
- Assorted Pom-Poms
- Burlap Ribbon – about 5″
- Papers: Early Espresso Grapefruit Grove, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White and Tropical Oasis DSP
- Stitched Rectangle Dies
- Int the Tropics Dies
- Itty Bitty Greeting for the sentiment
- March PP stamps
Directions are super easy…
- Early Espresso 4 1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5 1/2″
- Grapefruit Grove 4″ x 5″1/4″ adhered to the card front
- Tropical… DSP 3 3/4″ x 5″ adhered next
- With your Whisper White, stamp the palm trees and the bunny. Color the bunny using the Light Petal Pink Blends and adhere the Pom-Pom for the tail (I used liquid glue). Cut with the Stitched Rectangle Dies. Adhere to the card front using dimensionals
- Add the Iridescent Sequins Assortment with glue dots. They are like little eggs buried for the finding. 😉
Inside the card…
- Grapefruit Grove 4″ x 51/4″ – adhere to the inside with liquid glue
- Whisper White 3 3/4″ x 5″ . Die cut two leaves from the In The Tropics Dies from Old Olive cs. Cut a 1/2″ x 5″ strip of matching DSP. Lightly place these so you see where to stamp the bunny.
- Stamp the bunny in Memento Black ink. Color using the Light Petal Pink Blends
- Adhere the leaves then the DSP Strip using liquid glue. Adhere all this to the card inside and card is complete!
- Stamp the grass in Garden Green across, then the bunny in Memento Black ink, just peeking near the edge
- Adhere the 2 1/4″ x 6″ DSP to the envelope flap.
What fun making cards for very particular folks, knowing they will appreciate and love your creations. The package is already mailed – another delay for my blogging efforts today, but I wanted it there for Easter fun.
Here are all three cards…
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you enjoyed the cards.
May you have a beautiful rest of your day
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.