Today’s cards feature the Stampin’ Up! Best Dressed 6×6 Designer Series Paper and the Painted Labels Dies. The focus points right to this fun DSP. This would be an easy card to mass produce, which really isn’t my thing, but it could be done. Let’s take a look…
These are so fresh and bright! I’ve put no sentiment that designates whether this is birthday or get well or hello to a special someone. That can be added right before sending. But this card as is… well it’s just plain cute! Here are the deets:
For the card front…
- Thick Whisper White for the card base, 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″
- Old Olive 4″ x 5 1/4″ (cut 2, one for the inside)
- Best Dressed 6 x 6 Designer Series paper 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ + coordinating sing the scrap about 3 1/4″ square
- Whisper White for the diecuts about 3 1/4″ square
How to put it together…
- adhere the DSP to the Old Olive using liquid glue or snail
- Put on dimensionals and adhere to the card base.
- Using the coordinating scrap, cut a circle using the largest circle die from the Circle Dies
- Using the Whisper White 3 1/4″ scrap, cut the wonderful open circle from the Painted Labels Dies.
- Stamp your sentiment using Old Olive ink. This sentiment comes from the Under My Umbrella stamp set.
- Adhere this stamped piece to the circle using liquid glue or snail. Put on dimensionals and adhere to the front, noting placement for each card.
- Card #1: Stamp three flowers from the … blooms stamp set and punch out using the Small Bloom Punch. Embellish with Noble Peacock Rhinestones. Put two of these of dimensionals and place accordingly. The other gets adhered using liquid glue and tucked under one of the flowers.
- This card also got a fun ribbon… Granny Apple Green 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon. Adhere with a glue dot.
- Card #2: A couple of differences on this card. First..I used a scrap of Whisper White 5/8″ Ribbon scrap to put behind the circles, adhering it with a bit of snail directly onto the ribbon.
- Second…since the Painted Labels diecut was used on the DSP, use another Whisper White scrap to cut a circle that will be large enough for your sentiment but small enough to show off a bit of the DSP. Adhere that circle (after stamping of course) with liquid glue to the DSP cut. Embellish with Glitter Enamel Dots to coordinate with the card front. Adhere with dimensionals over the ribbon.
- Adhere the additional piece of Old Olive to the inside.
- Adhere a 1/2″ strip to the lower potion of the card (about 1/4″ from the bottom.
- For card #1 I added an additional flower cut by using the Small Bloom Punch. It also got a Noble Peacock Rhinestone. Do you notice the variegation in the color of paper? I used my Old Olive light and dark Blends to color a section of Whisper White card Stock and simply punched out the flower. :O)
Remember to do your envelopes! Note that Card #1 flap has an additional 1/4″ piece of Old Olive in addition to the DSP. Card #2 is just the DSP.
Below are two more cards I created in the same way, just using different papers in the stack and coordinating the card stock to match.
- Card #3 uses Mint Macaron card stock, Mint Macaron 1/4″ Ribbon and the Glitter Enamel Dots
- Card #4 uses Purple Posy card stock, Polka Dot Tulle 5/8″ Ribbon and Glitter enamel Dots. TIP: The Polka Dot Tulle ties beautifully but for me, is difficult to make a bow. How did I fix that? I tied it as a bow then trimmed the the bow part so it looks like just two ribbon pieces together.
These were such fun cards to do – and I like how they all turned out so differently.
These are the final days of Sale-a bration … March 31 ends the promotion of free product with purchases of $50, $100 from Stampin’ Up!. The amount you purchase determines those items that may be chosen as a free product! How great is that! AND Stampin’ Up! has just released it’s THIRD PRODUCT RELEASE of possible free items. Click on the flyer for more information.
Thanks for Stopping by today. Please remember to use my CURRENT HOST CODE XYW2SYNV when shopping with me. With every purchase of $50 – $150, you will receive an item of your choice worth up to $10, from me! So two bonuses for shopping right now. :O)
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.