Today’s card uses the Stampin’ Up! Good Morning Magnolia stamp set, heat embossing and sponge daubers. I’ve created this as a birthday card, but it could so easily be sympathy, wedding, anniversary, or just a note. It is soft and it is feminine. Let’s look….
Here are the details:
- Thick Whisper White card stock 8 1/2″ x 5 1/2″, scored at 4 1/4″, another piece 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ for the card front.
- Rub the smaller cs with your embossing buddy, making certain to cover the entire area.
- Using Versamark ink, stamp the Good Morning Magnolia stamp on the right hand corner, stamping as much of the magnolia as you desire. Ink a portion of the stamp again and stamp in the upper left corner.
- Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat emboss. Set aside to cool.
- On a scrap, of vellum, rub with your embossing buddy and with Versamark ink stamp the flower bud. Sprinkle with white embossing powder then heat emboss until all the powder has melted. Set aside to cool. Once cool, use the Magnolia Memory Dies to cut out the flower bud.
- On another scrap of vellum approximately 1/2″ x 3″, rub with the embossing buddy, ink your sentiment and stamp. Sprinkle with the white embossing powder and heat emboss until all powder has melted. Set aside to cool.
- Using Blushing Bride and sponge daubers, lightly rub the color exactly where you want it. I made it darker in the center and lighter toward the outside. For the leaves, do exactly the same with Old Olive ink. Do the same on the vellum flower bud but color on the backside of the vellum.
- Attach the flower bud with a mini dimensional at the base of the bud.
- Attach the vellum sentiment in the same spot using a glue dot. I used a second glue dot, placing it just under the word happy, so it wouldn’t show through.
- Now you are ready to adhere this directly to your card base, using liquid glue or snail.
For the inside… I’ve kept this very simple.
- Choose your sentiment… this is from the Timeless Tulip stamp set (available during Sale-a-bration), and using Stazon Jet Black ink..
Thanks for stopping by today.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.