Today’s project features the incredible Flowering Foils Specialty DSP that is a free Sale-a bration item when purchasing $50 worth of product, and some of our alcohol Stampin’ Up! Blends. Let’s take a look…
Coloring on this paper is so relaxing – really a cathartic for me – not that I’m stressed or anything. It simply just really get’s me going… I took one sheet of the foils and broadly cut out all the flowers. Then I sorted them putting them is piles of like flowers. That’s when I could start the coloring process, and I colored maybe four of them, then began trimming, so I could raise up some of the petals. The card has three layers on top of the card base. Here’s more detail…
- Thick Whisper White for the card base 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″; 3 5/8″ x 5 1/8″ for the inside
- Lovely Lipstick 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ – cut 2, one is for the inside
- Flowering Foils SDSP 3 7/8″ x 5 1/8″ for the front; 1/8″ x 5 1/8″ for the inside.
- Color the flower using Light and Dark Lovely Lipstick Stampin’ Up! Blends. Begin with the dark, coloring only one or two petals, then going back with the light to fill in. Complete the flower then go back and use the Color Lifter Blend to lighten areas that you think need it. This is where it really begins to look almost real 🙂 Curl the edges of the. petals using a bone folder.
- Next do the leaves in Light and Dark Old Olive Stampin’ Up! Blends. I didn’t use much color lifter on these, but did some.
- Finally I colored the flower buds with the same Lovely Lipstick combination of blends.
- Now do the trimming and layering process to your satisfaction. I colored some of those flowers that were on edges of the paper so they became the top layers of the flowers. Adhere the layers with dimensionals so it truly becomes a three dimensional project. The top flower needs the center colored and I used Light and Dark Daffodil Delight Blends for that. Keep curling the edges of the flower petals to get that “real” look.
- I finally added Wink of Stella on the top couple of layers. I like the sparkle!
- Add the bow: Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon and adhere with a glue dot.
- Super simple: adhere the additional Whisper White panel to the extra Lovely Lipstick.
- Add the colored 1/8″ strip of the SDSP to the left of the Whisper White.
- Adhere the Lovely Lipstick to the inside… Card is complete!
The gift bag follows the exact instruction from Sunn Stampin’ – I encourage you to watch her video on this. I simply used a different Flowering Foils SDSP to create the bag, then I decorated it.
- Lovely Lipstick 2 1/2″ x 11 1/2″, gently creased around the finished bag, then score those creases, adhere tear n’ tape to the ends and wrap around and attach to the bag.
- The flower was a double flower from the SDSP and I colored it the same as above. Then I used another layer on the bottom flower, trimming the petals apart a bit while still keeping them intact.
- The lower flower has a Perennial Essence Floral Centers for the inner portion. I considered using another for the upper flower, but it was too much. Curl the edges of the petals using your bone folder, but be very gentle – you don’t want to pull the petals off.
- Adhere a Silver Metallic Edge Ribbon and bingo -done.
Thanks for making a second stop with me today. Do tell me what you think of these projects. I had such fun coloring and putting together. 😏
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.
Leave a Reply