Today’s cards use mostly the Stampin’ Up! Painted Poppies Designer Series paper. The focus is the DSP, but there are other elements too: sentiments, die cuts – like that. Read on for more info! 🙂
I decided to share both of these cards today as the layout is so similar, but by adding another element (sentiment at the bottom) as is the case of the second card, it gives it a completely different look. Would love to hear if you prefer one card over the other.
Here are the details…
Card #1 – the red poppies
- Whisper White card base 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″; for inside, 3 3/8″ x 4 1/8″
- Poppy Parade layer 3 1/2″ x 4 1/4″. Cut 2, one for inside.
- Using the 1″ x 4″ framelit from the Ornate Layers Dies, cut three pieces from the DSP, in sequential order so you see the picture/ connections to each frame. Notice how frame #1 carries over to frame #2, and that follows into frame #3? Once all are cut, put dimensionals on the back.
- TIP…Using your grid paper as a guideline for the best centering. place the middle frame first onto the Poppy Parade, then place the remaining two frames.
- Wrap ribbon around this entire section (see photo), and tie a knot or bow. I like bows and nearly always do this. 🙂 This is a retired item (sorry!) but another option would be to color a length of baker’s twine using your Stampin’ Blends Old Olive, which would work beautifully!
- Stamp your sentiment on Whisper White using Stazon Jet Black ink. This one is from Peaceful Moments stamp set but could easily be a birthday or hello friend. The options are limitless! Cut with framelit that fits your sentiment- again this diecut is from ……. Adhere with dimensionals.
- Now adhere the entire Poppy Parade section to the card base using dimensionals and the card front is complete!
The inside is super easy…
- On the remaining section of Whisper White, stamp your sentiment in Stazon Jet Black ink. Stazon gives such a clear stamp and I like how it looks. For this sentiment, I taped off the “with all my heart” before inking the stamp, then removed the tape and voila – a perfect “thinking of you”. This sentiment is from Peaceful Moments stamp set.
- Adhere the Whisper White to the remaining section of Poppy Parade, using liquid glue.
The envelope get’s special treatment too…
- Using liquid glue, adhere a 2 1/4″ x 6″ piece of coordinating DSP to the envelope flap. Trim.
- Using the “fill in” stamp, ink with Poppy Parade, stamp off at least once, then onto your envelope front.
- Using the smaller poppy stamp, ink with the Stazon Jet Black and stamp over the “filler” stamp.
- TIP…Because of the thickness of this card, it will need extra postage when sending in the mail. And this card is already out the door and in the mail. Our daughter asked for a card that was colorful and reflective of the woman friend who recently passed away ~ this is for her husband.
Card #2 is very similar, dimensions are a bit different for the card front and the inside. Here’s the picture again…
- Highland Heather 4 1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5 1/2″
- Whisper White: 3 1/4″ x 4 1/8″ for the outside, 4 x 5 1/4″ for the inside, scrap approximately 3 1/8″ x 1 1/8″
- Scrap from the DSP for the sentiment on the front.
I wanted the sections of the DSP to be more reflective of the picture, so placed them closer together and of course, cut the Whisper White section smaller as well. Follow the above directions for placement, etc. as they are the same.
Here’s where the difference is…
- For the sentiment at the bottom… I stamped the “hello” from the Timeless Tropical stamp set right onto a scrap from the DSP. I like how it coordinates with the upper section.
- Cut a rectangle from Whisper White from the Stitched Rectangles Dies.
- Adhere the hello sentiment with dimensionals to the rectangle just cut and apply dimensionals to the rectangle.
- Placement for the card front sections… again, using your grid paper, center the bottom piece first, then center the upper section. YAY – card front is complete.
For the inside…
- Stamp the poppy from Painted Poppies stamp set in Memento Black ink onto Whisper
White 4″ x 5 1/4″; color using Stampin’ Blends light and dark Rich Razzleberry and light and dark Granny Apple Green for the leaf and stems. I used no sentiment on this piece as it is for a special note.
- Adhere to the card base using liquid glue.
For the envelope…
- Cut a piece of coordinating DSP 2 1/4″ x 6″, adhere with liquid glue to the envelope flap and trim.
- Stamp the poppy from Painted Poppies stamp set, then color using the light and dark Rich Razzleberry Stampin’ blends, light and dark Granny. Apple Green for the stems and leaf. TIP…slip a piece of scrap into the envelope prior to using the Stampin’ Blends. Remember they bleed through, so to prevent this you need a something to bleed onto instead of the envelope back!
This card too is already in the mail – sent to a special woman who has had health struggles with cancer this year – and she loves purple. Do you think she will like this card? As in Card #1, this also needs extra postage. What I know is, even when it costs more to send, I KNOW the recipient is appreciative and that makes the difference.
Thanks for stopping by… May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.