Todays Card is a fun use of the Stampin’ Up! Ornate Garden Specialty DSP and the Ornate Borders Dies. It’s a panel card, at least that’s what I’m calling it, meaning it doesn’t open 🙂 It simply has a panel that fits inside the folded DSP. Let’s take a look….
This Ornate Garden Specialty DSP is so sweet and I wanted to emphasize this particular pattern for as much of the card as possible. This is what I did…
- Mint Macaron card base cut to 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″; also cut 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ for the inside panel
- Ornate Garden SDSP cut to 4″ x 5 1/4″; another with same dimension but score this at 4″
- Adhere the 4 “x 5 1/4” SDSP to the card base using liquid glue
- Cut a panel 1/2″ x 4″ from Gold foil. Using a die from the Ornate Borders Dies, run it through your embossing/ diecut machine. Adhere this diecut to the fold-over piece of SDSP. Cut about a 20″ length of Mint Macaron 1/4″ ribbon, run over it with your snail adhesive and adhere evenly around the back and front, covering slightly where the Gold Foil diecut was attached.Tie a bow. TIP: use your grid paper to make certain the ribbon is attached evenly.
- Using tear ‘n tape, adhere to the sides and bottom of this panel and attach to the card base.
- Cut three flowers from Gold Foil scrap using the Ornate Border Dies. Adhere Glitter Enamel Dots to the center of each flower. Put on dimensionals and attach accordingly.
Now for the inside…
- Whisper White cut to 2 is 7/8″ x 4 1/4″. Stamp your sentiment (I used the Peaceful Moments stamp set) with Stazon Jet Black ink. I like how clear this ink stamps! I also added a sweet flower from the Special Someone stamp set. This was colored using Flirty Flamingo and Daffodil Delight markers. TIP: When using Stazon Jet Black ink, DO NOT USE BLENDS TO COLOR! It simply smears the ink instead of adding color.
- Using the Ornate Borders Dies once more, cut the same border die from Blushing Bride cs (approx. 1/2″ x 4″). Adhere to the Whisper White panel using liquid glue.
- Adhere this Whisper White panel to the 3 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ Mint Macaron piece. Cute, cute!
- Cut a piece of matching SDSP from the Ornate Garden SDSP pack 2 1/4″ x 6″. Adhere with liquid glue and trim.
- Stamp the adorable flower used on the card panel insert on the envelope front (I did it five times!) Color using Flirty Flamingo marker for the petals and Daffodil Delight marker for the flower center.
Isn’t this card sweet?!
Thanks so much for stopping by.. May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy by sending them a handmade card.
Leave a Reply