Good Sunday morning. The ONLINE EXCLUSIVES have been a big hit and with the March 1 offerings was this fun bundle – the Rhino Ready stamp set and Rhino Ready Dies. The rhinos are so cute and a bit sassy and I couldn’t resist. Pinterest is a wonderful resource for ideas & instructions and I found this Floating Fun Fold by LeeAnn Greff that this new set was perfect for making this card.
This is so incredibly easy ~ so here ya go…
- The card base is Basic White and is 8 1/2 x 5 12, scored at 2 1/8 & 4 1/4
- The two front panels are from the Subtles 6×6 DSP and are cut 2 x 5 1/4. Quick tip: I make sure when there is a pattern that the panels match side by side. These are Calypso Coral… adhere to the two front panels on the card base.
- Using the Deckled Rectangle Dies, cut a Basic White panel to stamp, color & decorate for the floating panel
- Stamp the Rhino with Memento ink and color with Gray Granite Stampin’ Blends
- Die cut the birthday hat from a scrap of Subtles 6×6 DSP – this time in Pear Pizzazz. Add hat to the rhino with a dimensional. Add a Balmy Blue sequin from the Pastel Adhesive-backed Sequin pack.
- Stamp the sentiment from the Rhino Ready stamp set in Memento ink on a Basic White strip, then die cut with the banner die from Something Fancy Dies. Adhere to the stamped panel with dimensionals. Add three Classic Matte Dots in Gray.
- Stamp the bird from Rhino Ready stamp set in Memento ink, color with Dark Daffodil Delight Blends and die cut with the appropriate die from Rhino Ready Dies. Add with a mini dimensional cut in half added to the top of the bird and a dab of glue to the feet
- Die cut another piece slightly larger than the rhino panel using the Deckled Rectangle dies and Gray Granite card stock. Adhere this to the back of the stamped rhino.
- Now to create the ‘floating’ pieces 😀
- Cut two pieces of card stock 3/4 x 1 3/4; fold in half. Estimating the half point on the front panels of the card base, add adhesive to one side of the folded strip and attach at the fold. Do the same with the other strip making sure the folds butt against one another.
- Add adhesive to the loose end of the strip and set the rhino stamped panel on it. Do the other side. The attached strips should look like the photo below.
Decorate the inside…
- On a 4 x 5 1/4 Basic White panel, stamp the grass in Pear Pizzazz ink. The grass comes from the Rhino Ready stamp set.
- Stamp the birthday sentiment from Rhino Ready stamp set in Memento ink
- On a separate piece of Basic White, stamp the rhino with the bird on it’s back and stamp another individual bird.
- Color the rhino with Gray Granite Blends and the birds with Dark Daffodil Delight. Die cut each with the coordinating dies in the Rhino Ready Dies.
- Die cut three of the grasses from Pear Pizzazz and layer on top of one another, using liquid glue to secure. Add to the card as shown. This will be the ‘stopper’ to allow the card to remain folded when it stands for display.
- Adhere the rhino in place with loiquid glue and the bird as well.
- Adhere stamped piece to 4 1/8 x 5 38 piece of Gray Granite card stock and add to inside of card.
Now for the envelope…
- Stamp the grass along the bottom of the envelope with Pear Pizzazz ink, leaving an opening for the bird peeking through.
- Stamp the bird in Memento ink and color with Dark Daffodil Delight Blend
- Add Subtles 6×6 DSP in Calypso Coral to the flap, 2 1/4 x 6 & trim to fit. My piece of DSP was only about 2″ so I added a Gray Granite strip first, then the DSP
This is such a cute card – could be used for any gender and any age as well. And I love that flexibility!!! This bundle is available right now as an ONLINE EXCLUSIVE, meaning it will not be in any catalog. No telling if this will be reordered should SU! run out, so get it before it goes away. 😀
Best way to see what’s available is to go to the ONLINE STORE …Click here to go my store.
For every $50 that you order from my online store (before shipping & taxes) and when you add my current Host Code, you will earn 1 STAR Reward. Orders of $49.99 or below DO NOT earn any rewards.Example $50 = 1 STAR Reward, $100 = 2 STAR Rewards , $150 = 3 STAR Rewards etc. When you have earned 8 STAR Rewards you will get a FREE product order valued up to $40.00, your choice, and mailed directly to you! Is that a deal or what??? You also earn my monthly Online Class Tutorial of exclusive projects when you place an order. For any order $50 or more you will also receive 1 free gift from me valued up to $10. Remember to use MY current HOST CODE XFYQSSE9
THANKS FOR STOPPING BY. MAY YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY.
MAKE SOMEONE HAPPY SENDING THEM A HANDMADE CARD FILLED WITH LOVE.
Leave a Reply