Hi Ya’ll. Ha, I’m not from the south… I just had to say it :O) Today’s card was supposed to be another fall card. It’s all ready & everything. But… I got an order for a baby card and decided THIS would be the post for today.
This is a fun fold… Half Swing Card or Pop-out Swing Card – you know, for Fun Fold Friday 😁 The sweet plaid is from Hue of Happiness DSP and is adhered to Flirty Flamingo card stock. The square is the 2nd largest of the Stylish Shapes Dies and I die cut the square AFTER adhering the DSP. But let me explain… I did not want adhesive all over the die, so, I adhered the DSP just on the right side to the card stock. After die cutting, I added more adhesive to hold the DSP in place, including on the die cut square panel. It was at this point I added the additional piece of Flirty Flamingo card stock, then the swing square, then decorated.
- Cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 and score @ 4 1/4. (This is an A2 card panel)
- Cut DSP to fit entire card front. Adhere just on right side to the A2 Flirty Flamingo card front
- Die cut square, off-center. Because of the DSP/ card stock layers, I ran my square through twice (forward then back)
- Remove square, adhere rest of DSP in place. Be sure to adhere DSP to the square as well. (Ask me how I know that!)
- At this point you could opt to make a ‘frame’ for the square on the card front. I didn’t want that for this card so won’t give directions for that process ~ maybe in a future card.
- Cut another piece of Flirty Flamingo 6 1/2 x 5 1/4 and score on long side @ 2, 4 & 6. Burnish well.
- On the 1/2″ edge, make a slit to the score line down from top about 3/4″ Do same at bottom. Trim away the area in between so just ‘tabs’ remain. (I should have taken a picture & didn’t!)
- Adhere the scored piece w/ 2″ area to the inside of the card back, 1/8″ from edge. I found it helpful to keep this scored panel closed to adhere it.
- With the tabs in the ‘valley’ fold, put glue on tabs, close the card and they will adhere to card inside front.
- With card closed, adhere square in place with glue only on the additional scored panel seen through the open square.
- It should look like the photo below… sorry about the shadows!
- Cut a Basic White piece 1 7/8 X 5 1/8, stamp & decorate. Adhere to inside. See photo.
- Decorate Square & card front
The elephants, flower, butterfly & balloon were stamped with Memento Black ink on A Basic White piece, colored with Stampin’ Blends and die cut with the Elephant Dies. The elephant on the square was adhered with dimentionals, while the lower elephant was attached with liquid adhesive. The flower was attached with dabs of liquid glue; the butterfly with a mini dimensional; the balloon with a dimensional only under the balloon; the grass with liquid glue.
Stampin’ Blends used were: Dark Flirty Flamingo & Light Granny Apple Green for the flower; Light Tahitian Tide & Light Daffodil Delight for the butterfly; Smoky slate, both Light & Dark for the elephant. A bit of Colo0r Lifter was used when necessary for highlight. The balloon was covered in Wink of Stella. The ribbon: Glittered Organdy Ribbon, was added with a glue dot under the knot.
For the envelope… more of the Hues of Happiness DSP on the flap and three baloons stamped in Memento Black ink. Stamp set is Elephant Parade. The balloons were colored with Stampin’ Blends: Granny Apple Green, Flirty Flamingo & Tahitian Tide. DONE!
I THINK THIS CARD MAY NEED SOME CLASSIC MATTE DOTS IN WHITE… what do you think? Or something… anyway – you see it as it is right now.
Some of the products to make this card are from the Jul- Dec 2022 Annual Catalog. If you do not have a demonstrator and need catalogs please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. The other two catalogs available right now are the 2022 -2023 Annual Catalog and the Sale-a-bration Catalog which shows all the FREE items offered by Stampin’ Up! Jul 1-Aug 31. When ordering, please also use my current host code: TXBWJTMW. I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. WooHoo! We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you. :O)
Sale-a-bration is almost over folks – only another few days If I can help you in some way, please let me know.