It’s time… for the Happy Inkin’ Thursday Blog Hop. You may have come from the fun & creative Tara or just dropping in. Whatever the case ~ here’s the sketch challenge.
And, drum role… here’s my card!
The focus is Texture Chic Specialty DSP (special as it has gold in the various papers – and BTW, it’s g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s. Some things I don’t like about this card 😩… I should have cut the DSP panels smaller, should also have put vellum (or something) behind the leaves so they stood out more. This was my first play with the Chic Dies – and they are so fab!!! Love, love. Just yesterday I learned that a friend’s step daughter lost her hubby, so this is going to my friend.
The ‘how to’…
- Card stock base is Soft Succulent
- next layer is Evening Evergreen adhered on a slant directly to the card base.(see the challenge :O)
- Adhere two layers together of the Texture Chic Specialty DSP (HINT: I die cut several dies from the bottom DSP and since it doesn’t show, no one knows :O)
- Die cut from Brushed Metallic Gold the ‘netting’ type die & adhere with liquid glue to the DSP
- Adhere the two leaf die cuts from the Chic Dies & Texture Chic Sp. DSP, again with dabs of liquid glue
- Tie a bow with the Simply Elegant Trim in Gold and adhere with a glue dot
- Stamp the sentiment from Season of Chic Stamp set in Evening Evergreen ink on a Soft Succulent scrap and fussy cut. Adhere with Mini Dimensionals to the DSP panels
- Put dimensionals on the completed DSP panels and adhere to the card.
For the inside…
Use one of the die cuts from the Texture Chic Specialty DSP to the Basic White panel with dabs of liquid glue, then add to the inside of the card. No sentiment was added for flexibility of use, but since learning of a need for a sympathy card, I will have lots of room for comments, notes, something inspirational & hopefully comforting.
L-O-V-E this DSP… love the Season of Chic Bundle… can’t wait to play more. 😁
For the envelope… more Texture Chic Sp DSP for the flap, cut to fit. For the front, I used one of the leaf stamps, inked with Pool Party ink, then using a dauber added Evening Evergreen in various places. Perfect!
Now… on with the hop… Use the ‘next’ or ‘previous’ button to take you to whomever you wish to visit, OR, click on a name to visit their blog. Next is Amy Koenders who always has something great to share.
Terry Lynn Bright ~ you are here!
So what else??? Oh yes… some great opportunities for BOGO Kits Collection and Last Chance Products. Read on about those.
Sale runs through 1–30 June 2022.
All kits in the Kits Collection by Stampin’ Up! qualify for this sale.
Kit selection is based on availability.
You will need at least two kits in your cart for the discount to automatically apply at checkout.
There are no order limits on this promotion.
On the customer store, the discount will automatically apply to the most expensive kit in your cart.
The January–June 2022 Mini Catalog will be retiring soon! It’s always bittersweet to see a classic Stampin’ Up! catalog take a trip to retirement. But, we’re looking forward to all the new products on their way—and we hope you are, too!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Inspire. Create. Share.