Welcome to the Happy Inkin’ Krew Thursday Blog Hop! We have a fun challenge for today and I’ve created a thank you card with a beautiful poinsettia for a dear friend.
And here’s my card.
This card is for a musical friend – can you see the use of the Merry Melody Embossing Folder? And yes, there’s also Tasteful Textile embossing folder in the foreground. Looking at the card like this, I could have used another layer of Real red card stock behind the Merry Melody EF, but I do like the card as it is. And without the poinsettia, it would be very clean & simple.
- Card based is 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2.
- Layer a panel of Pattern Party DSP 4 1/4 x 5 12, adhering it to the card front.
- Place a piece of Basic White card stock through the Merry Melody EF and cut to 3 x 4 1/4 and adhere.
- Using Tasteful Textile 3D EF, run another piece of Basic White through the machine and trim to 2 1/8 x 4 3/8.
- Layer a piece of Real Red card stock behind this panel (2 1/4 x 4 1/4), adhering together. Place on dimensionals and center on the card front.
- Stamp two poinsettia using Poinsettia Petals stamp set and Sahara Sand ink on a Basic White piece and die cut both with the Poinsettia Dies. Adhere together with a dimensional and add to the card with liquid glue.
- Stamp the sentiment from Ornate Thanks in Real Red ink on a Basic White scrap and fussy cut.
- Adhere the sentiment to a Basic Black panel (1/2 x 2 1/4)
- Put Stampin’ Seal+ on the back of the Basic Black strip and add the Sheer Ribbon in Real Red. Put dimensionals over the ribbon and add to the card front. Voild – the card front is complete.
For the inside… Red and black are dramatic together, so I played on that by making the inside smaller pieces of card stock: Real Red is 3 1/2 x 4 1/4 while the Basic White is 3 x 3 3/4. The sentiments were stamped using the Ornate Thanks stamp set & Memento Black ink.
For the envelope, I ran a 2 1/4 x 6 piece of Basic White through the Merry Melody 3D EF again and adhered it to the envelope flap, & trimmed to fit. All done!
This was really fun to create with this special person in mind. Hope you like it. If you are interested in purchasing the products for this card, they are listed below and will take you directly to my store. Thanks for joining us on this fun hop today. You may click on the next button to go to the next person in line or click on the name and go directly to their post. Enjoy!
Terry Lynn Bright ~ you are here!
Not have a demonstrator so you can order? If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual 2021 Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. Please also use my current host code when ordering: UQ6U2WQZ I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Make someone happy sending them a handmade card.
Inspire. Create. Share.
Leave a Reply