Hello again! It’s been a while since I’ve shared anything… life obligations kinda got in the way. It’s all good, just too much going on and something had to give. Unfortunately it was my crafting :O(
Hubby and I are in a choir and our concert was Sunday afternoon ~ with orchestra and a full audience! WooHoo!! It was… spectacular. Not to brag too much, but it really was good, and I feel so fortunate to be a part of it.
Today’s project is a gift card box made with some fabulous new Designer Series Paper. It’s called Sweet Talk 12 x 12 DSP. Of course the DSP has two sides.
Coordinating colors for this paper pack are: Real Red, Petal Pink, So Saffron, Granny Apple Green, Pool Party and Highland Heather. Which piece do you think I chose to make the box lid? Well, I’ll tell you… the Highland Heather stripe. I love this paper! The small hearts with the combo of Real Red, Petal Pink and Highland Heather are another favorite, as is the other stripe. Ok – I bet you want to see the box … here it is.
And I used the Highland heather 1/2″ Grosgrain Ribbon to tie a bow. For the base, while it isn’t listed as a coordinating color, I used Blackberry Bliss card stock and it looks great with it! See the darkness in that stripe? Yep – it totally goes with it. Instructions? You want instructions? 😁
- Cut gift box base from card stock – I used Blackberry Bliss – 6 1/2 x 8 and score all four sides at 1″, burnish well.
- Trim each corner, cutting through the center of the burnish to the 1″ score line. Make a right ‘V’ cut to that same tab, trim same tab end on the right side.
- Rotate to the left and trim next tab. Continue to rotate left and trim each tab end. See photo.
Here i added Tear n Tape to each tab end but you can easily use liquid glue. Adhere together.
Gift Box Top:
- Cut box top 6 1/2 x 8 (again, I used the Sweet Talk 12 x 12 DSP)
- Use a Box Lid Shim attached to the Simply Scored Scoring Tool. This shim allows for the lid to fit the box base without making the base buckle – and it is key for a perfect fitting lid. Make your own shim following directions below. I found these directions on YouTube by Connie Stewart.
- Using a window sheet, cut a panel 2 x 8 and score @ 1/2″ & 1 1/4″. Burnish heavily.
- Cut a piece of Daffodil Delight 1 x 8 & score at 1/2″ on the short side. Burnish. Add Tear n Tape to both sides of the 1/2″ length. Add to the window sheet on the INSIDE 1/2″, making certain the card stock fits all the way to the burnished score of the window sheet. Fold card stock over edge of window sheet and attach to outside 1/2″ edge.
- Label shim: Box Lid Shim 😏 This way you will not forget it is only to be used for the lid.
- Score lid @ 1″ on all sides using the Box Lid Shim.
- Trim and adhere together the same as the box bottom.
Now, fill this box with some pretty cards/ envelopes for a special gift – four to five will fit nicely, depending on embellishments or thickness of the cards. And I guarantee folks will love this gift!
Reminder! Wednesday, Dec 8, 2021, Stampin’ Up! is offering FREE SHIPPING with orders over $50. I, for one, plan to make good use of that! Use my current HOST CODE: UQ6U2WQZ to receive a free Stampin’ Up! item from me valued to $10.
- The minimum qualifying amount to receive free shipping is $50 USD / $65 CAD or more (before tax).
- If you are using a coupon code, please remember that coupon codes are non-commissionable and will lower the order’s retail amount. The order must still meet the qualifying threshold to be eligible for free shipping.
- Be sure to act quickly: beginning at 12:00 AM and ending at 11:59 PM (MT) on 8 December, get FREE shipping with a purchase of $50 USD / $65 CAD or more.
Not have a demonstrator so you can order? If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual 2021 Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. Please also use my current host code when ordering: UQ6U2WQZ I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Send someone a handmade box filled with a lovely card or two.
Inspire. Create. Share.
Leave a Reply