This was such a fun, easy card to make and I like that it’s an ‘out of the ordinary’ color for a Christmas card :O) Yep, I used Calypso Coral for the card base on this card. Stampin’ Up! lists all the coordinating colors for its DSP on the packaging and Calypso Coral was listed. When I put it with the DSP I wanted to use, I liked it ~ so here we are. I used Cherry Cobbler for the sentiments and i like how it coordinates and brings out the darker colors of the DSP. And these pine needles bunches were extras from a project some time ago, die cut with the Christmas Pinecone Dies: Evening Evergreen and Basic White card stocks and they bring out the pine needles of the DSP. How clever is that!
- Cut the card stock base 4 1/4 x 11 & score at 5 1/2 (Calypso Coral)
- Cut from outside top corner to the fold line – see photo 2
- Cut a piece of DSP 4 x 5 1/4 (Painted C’mas)
- With whatever design you want on the front right panel, have that side face up & cut it on the diagonal, corner to corner, keeping in mind the direction of the design
- Flip one side over and adhere to card front: card front has been folded back on itself so diagonal is going different direction, see photo 3
- Adhere other DSP panel to remaining piece cut from original card base.
- Adhere diagonal panel to the card front. see photo 4
The card opens with the fold on the left, but this looks cool and is easy to do. Now we decorate the front & the inside.
- I used the Stitched So Sweetly Dies to cut the sentiment panels: Calypso Coral for the larger piece and Basic White for the sentiment itself.
- The sentiment comes from C’mas to Remember stamp set & is stamped w/ Cherry Cobbler ink.
- I added three Genial Gems to the banner in green.
- The pine boughs were die cut using the C’mas Pinecone Dies, adhered together slightly offset then cut apart. The paper is Evening Evergreen & Basic White
- These were adhered to the larger banner with liquid glue, then the sentiment banner atop that on dimensionals. The banner was adhered in place with liquid glue
For the inside, stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink using another phrase from C’mas To Remember stamp set. When stamping the sentiment, you do want to make certain it isn’t going to show when the card is closed. hint, hint. I stamped the pine boughs in second generation Evening Evergreen ink, then the stem for the berries in full strength. These come from the C’mas Season stamp set. The berries were stamped in Cherry Cobbler ink, also second generation. I added three more Genial Gems around the sentiment then adhered the panel to the inside of the card.And the card is done!
For the envelope I cut a strip 2 1/4 x 6 from Soft Succulent card stock and ran it through the Wintry 3D EF, then adhered it to the flap & trimmed to fit. I then stamped the same grouping of pine boughs & berries as done on the inside of the card. They come from the C’mas Season stamp set. LOVE! This is fresh & bright. Such a fun & easy card to do.
Not have a demonstrator so you can order? If you do not have a demonstrator and need an Annual 2021 Catalog OR Jul-Dec 2021 Mini Catalog, please reach out to me – happy to send one to you. Please also use my current host code when ordering: 26QYRFXB I offer my customers a free item from Stampin’ Up! item valued to $10 with your order of $50 and above. Click here to go my store. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs AND enjoy that 20% discount, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another. Would love to have you!
Thanks for stopping by. May you have a beautiful day. Nothing beats a handmade card!
Inspire. Create. Share.