Hello again! Tues I held a card class here at our home. The group is anxious to do ‘fun folds’ so we did this accordion card and I really like how it turned out. I decorated it after class, as we also looked through the new catalog and did a “tour” just oohing and ahhing over new products. My preorder had also arrived so I shared the few cards I had made at that point and we played a bit with new products. It was a perfect opportunity to share.
As you can see in the photo above, I used more of the Boho Indigo DSP (cuz I love it and it’s retiring) but I paired it with the In Bloom bundle (Pierced Bloom Dies) from the Jan – Jun Mini Catalog (and it’s carrying over!) This is a thick card, so not one I would probably mail. This would go in a gift package or hand delivered. Let’s take a peek when it opened.
Isn’t this fun and showy and well, just wonderful?! You could do more embellishment but I wanted the DSPn to be the primary focus so only die cut/ stamped a few of the flowers from the In Bloom bundle. Let me see if I can walk you through how to create this fun card.
- Three pieces of card stock cut 8″ square.
- Score each piece in half (at 4″), turn and score in half again (also 4″), then score on the diagonal (from point to point) in only one direction.
- Score all folds and burnish well. On the diagonal side, burnish the fold first folding in, then folding out.
- Lay the squares on the diagonal in front of you and adhere the un-scored panels together so there is one long panel. (That’s only two squares adhered!)
- Now gently fold and close so the folds are mountain, valley, then mountain again. Refer to the photo above. This is by far the trickiest part. If you find it too difficult, go to Pinterest or You Tube and do a search. Once you get it, you GET IT!
- Now decorate…
- Cut 9 pieces of DSP 3 3/4″ square
- Determine your front panel and adhere it first.
- Now move the remaining pieces around to where you like the color form and design, leaving the two flat areas for your sentiment panels.
- Those pieces that will be on a folded panel should be folded and scored before adhering. They simply go together better.
- Adhere all panels but the two sentiment panels, which you have not prepared yet 🙂 I nearly always use liquid glue as I prefer the wiggle room. But if you prefer Stampin’ Seal, use that.
- Prepare two panels for your sentiment pieces: Very vanilla for this card – 3 3/4″ square, and decorate.
- I used Night of Navy ink for the sentiment from In Bloom stamp set
- Stamp a few of the flowers in stamped off Melon Mambo ink and add 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots in Bumblebee for the small flower centers. For the two larger flowers I stamped the dots in Tuxedo Black Memento ink.
- Decorate the DSP panels as desired: I used the Pieced Blooms Dies to cut several Melon Mambo flowers and also Vary Vanilla flowers as well for nice coordination.
- I adhered the Very Vanilla flower centers with liquid glue, then the larger flowers with a mini dimensional to the DSP.
- Prepare the belly band: 1 x 10; carefully fold around the closed card, securing in front with Tear & Tape of Seal+ (you want this to hold well!). This should not be too snug a fit as you want it to slide on and off the card easily.
- Decorate the Belly Band: stamp the sentiment (I used the In Bloom stamp set) in Night of Navy ink on a Very Vanilla panel. Die cut using the very nice banner in the Pierced Blooms Dies and adhere with dimensionals to the belly band. Using remaining die cut flowers from the Melon Mambo card stock, adhere these to the sentiment panel and the card is done & ready to give. 😊
Not so hard, was it? And so fun!
Products for todays project are from the 2020-21 Annual Catalog which ends May 3, and from the new 21-22 Annual Catalog which goes live to customers May 4. They may be found in the list below. I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. 😉 If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE – 63SXY3X6– good April 1- 15 . When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. If you have questions just let me know. Card cuts are listed at the bottom of this post. If you would like to be able to order products early from catalogs, join my team now… you may do that here. We have lots of fun and are a creative bunch that encourages & supports one another.
Lots going on at Stampin’ Up! these days… Sale ends May 3!
There is also a CLEARANCE RACK that was recently updated…
Now… I am offering a Designer Series Paper Share to my customers. Trying some of the NEW Designer Series Paper from the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog gets you in the spirit of creating with some gorgeous papers. I’m offering a Designer Series Paper share from that Annual Catalog and it would be my pleasure to supply you! I‘ll place my share order early on May 4 and use the expedited shipping option so I should be able to have the shares cut, bundled and back out to you that very next week. Please place your order with me by May 2 @ 9 PM ET.
TLsBrightSpot 2021-2022 Annual Catalog
Designer Series Paper Shares!
New Designer Series Paper Share – $55.00 plus $7.75 for Priority Mail shipping
You will receive one 6×6 sheet of each design from the following DSP packs (the number behind the name indicates how many 6×6 sheets of that paper pack you will receive):
In all, you’ll receive 172 – 6” x 6” sheets of designer or specialty paper plus the awesome food safe gift bags!
Double DSP Share – $110 + $8 Shipping by Priority Mail – if you’d like double shares of the designer paper, I can do that as well. The designer paper sheets will be cut into 6×12 so that you’ll be able to get 3 full A2 size card fronts from each sheet (Tidings Of Christmas, 2020-2022 In color, 2021-2023 In Color, Brights, Neutrals, Regals, Subtles and Gold & Rose Gold 6×6, you’ll get double sheets of those since they’re already precut).
FREE Gift from me! – As a bonus for joining my share, you’ll get a sampling of the new host exclusive Pattern Party 12″ x 12″ Designer Series Paper!
Anyone is welcome to join in my share (please note, I can only ship to addresses within the US). If you’d like to join, either complete the form below or email the following information to email@example.com.
Deadline to sign up for my share is Sunday, May 2 at 9:00 PM ET.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Leave a Reply to Susan K Cancel reply