Butterflies are kind of a thing for me, like stars. I really, really like butterflies and the more we have in our area, the more balanced our environment – just sayin’… At any rate, yesterday the Butterfly Brilliance Collection became available to customers – and I hope you purchased this collection. As a reminder though, the stamp set & dies will carry over to the new catalog (21-22) but the two DSP papers will not. They are available until 3 May when those two papers will retire.
Todays card was made with a different stamp set and it is still available in the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog – Butterfly Wishes and the coordinating Butterfly Duet Punch. I did coordinate this bundle with the Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP that is part of the
Brilliance collection. Here is the card front…
Isn’t that pretty paper? This really shows it off! These directions are just so simple, you will make this card in a flash.
- The card base is one of the Notecards in Basic White.
- Cut Bermuda Bay card stock to 3 1/4 x 4 3/4 and adhere to notecard front with liquid glue
- Cut Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP to 3 x 4 1/2 and adhere over the Bermuda Bay.
- Stamp the sentiment from Butterfly Wishes stamp set on Basic White in Memento Black ink and punch with the small oval in the Double Oval Punch.
- Punch the scalloped oval from Bermuda Bay card stock using the same Double Oval Punch.
- Adhere the two ovals together with liquid glue. Put dimensionals on the back and adhere to the card front.
- Attach a bow with a glue dot using the 2020-2022 In Color Ribbon in Magenta Madness.
- Add three 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots for accent and the card front is complete
Now for the fun part of creating the inside…
Isn’t this fun? Directions are easier than you might think.
- Begin by decorating the inside with card stock & DSP: Bermuda Bay 3 1/4 x 4 3/4 (2); Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP 3 x 4 1/2 (2). Adhere both with liquid glue.
- Stamp the butterflies with Bermuda Bay ink– six (6) of them on scraps of Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP. Notice I used the variations of color from the DSP on the card itself. Punch using the Butterfly Duet Punch.
- Fold all butterflies in half. Adhere only wing tips together so that when the card is opened the wings can spread out.
- Stamp the sentiment using Memento Black ink and Butterfly Wishes stamp set.
- Adhere just the far right butterfly to the right side of the card with liquid glue – attaching the full portion of the right wing. Moosh butterflies on top of one another so they fold as flat as possible. Use the tip of your bone folder or your Take a Pick tool to hold them in place.
- Add Seal + to the left wing of the left butterfly and close the card, holding the accordianed butterflies in place as mentioned. And voila – it works!
- Now add that last sweet butterfly in Bermuda Bay ink to the left side of the card.
The envelope… attach more Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP to the envelope flap. Using the same butterfly stamp as the one in the left corner of the inside of the card, stamp along the lower portion of the envelope – card completed! And knowing I can coordinate new DSP with this Butterfly Wishes stamp set makes the papers that much more versatile.
Products for todays card are from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog as well as the new product release Butterfly Brilliance Collection ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE QDCUDHDC – good Mar 1 – 15. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.