Oh goodness – it’s MARCH! I cannot believe how fast February flew. Yes, it’s is only 28 days, but still. Today’s project uses the Love You Always Treat Boxes – the perfect size for a small gift ~ candies, a necklace or earrings, even a scarf or a pair of fun socks! At any rate, not sure what will go in this one yet, but is intended for Easter, therefore the pastel colors.
Gosh, I just realized how cockeyed the bow is… I’ll retie it. The box finished size is 2 3/4 across x 4 1/8 in length and a full 1 1/2 deep – and very sturdy. Here’s what I did…
- Wrap the box with a 3 x 9 length of card stock, glueing in place and creating the folds as you go. Here I used Seaside Spray.
- Cut another piece, this time of DSP (and I used Sand & Sea DSP) 2 x 9, wrap, glue, and fold as before.
- Create the tag using the Essential Tag Punch, Basic White card stock and Seaside Spray card stock toon – so punch two. I decorated the Basic White tag with a strip of the Sand & Sea DSP then using the Oval Occasions Punch, I created a sentiment for the tag. The blue is the reverse side of the dotted DSP and I added it to the tag with dimensionals. The sentiment is stamped using the Oval Occasions stamp set and Seaside Spray ink on Basic White. This was adhered with liquid glue then I added three 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots.
- The Seaside Spray tag is stamped with Night of Navy ink using the A Wish for Everything stamp set and again three 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots. Punch a hole through both tags for the ribbon.
- I wrapped the box twice around with Flowers for Every Season Ribbon Combo Pack in Seaside Spray and Silver, then through the tag and tied a bow. I knotted the ends of the ribbon just for fun.
Fun little project and I’m going to create several – for grandkids and friends. They will be nice to have on hand.
Today is the big release of the Butterfly Brilliance Collection – woohoo! The last few days I have created cards and a box with this collection and it is just beautiful. I’m smitten. Y
Products for todays card are from the new Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog and the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE QDCUDHDC – good Mar 1 – 15. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time.
Leave a Reply