Hello again… today is TGIF, Friday the 26th… only two more days for Sale-a-bration. The products FREE with $50, $100 and above purchase are amazing. If you haven’t jumped in yet, it isn’t too late. It’s is getting close though :O) OK – projects. I had a class the other day, only three of us but we have a good time masked et all. Remember the butterfly box I made? For directions to make this box yourself, click here to my previous post.
The class made the same box, only with different papers, and a coordinating card – and I want to share them with you. The DSP this time was Paper Blooms DSP, one of the FREE packets of 12 x 12 paper. The focus was to make the box, decorate if there was time, and to make a card. Take a peek…
Sorry -n there are two photos of the one box/ card – ugh. Didn’t these turn out lovely? Remember the front isn’t decorated yet, but even just as is, the box is wonderful. And the ladies did such a great job. Last time I tried this, it was a different group and they were not so careful and because of that the lid did not fit. I’m so proud of these ladies… they were precise and yay!!!
Now for today’s project… I’m making cards for the box that I made – and it’s for a special friend. I only have two made so far, but will finish the rest soon to give her. Here are the two cards…
These cards have the same layout, but different sentiments and embellishments. Directions for both are the same.
- Card base is 8 1/2 x 5 1/2: scored at 4 1/4 Card 1 – Seaside Spray/ card 2 – So Saffron
- Cut a panel of DSP with the largest Stitched Rectangles Dies: Card 1 Sand & Sea DSP/ Card 2 Butterfly Bijou 6×6 (NEW)
- Adhere a panel of a coordinating DSP cut 2 1/4 by 4 1/4
- With the fourth largest Stitched Rectangles Dies, die cut a panel from the center.
- Adhere dimensionals to the back of the smaller panel and set aside. (You could also use Foam Adhesive Sheets cut smaller than the rectangle)
- Adhere larger panel to card front: adhere smaller panel with dimensionals in the opening. What’s so neat about this is you have double stitching showing 🙂
- Decorate the card front!
- Here I used butterflies die cut with the Brilliant Wings Dies (NEW) from the (also NEW) Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP This DSP will be available to customers Mar 2 – May 3, then it will no longer be available for purchase. The stamp set and coordinating dies WILL BE in the 21-22 Annual Catalog!
- The sentiments come from Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set stamped in Memento Black ink on Basic White scraps. Card 1 is a banner strip 3/4 x about 3 1/4 and end punched with the Banners Pick a Punch. Card 2 sentiment is die cut with the Ornate Frames Dies.
- I added Matte Black Dots on both butterflies: 5 on the larger and only 3 on the smaller.
- Additionally, I added Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins on Card 1. On Card 2 I added three Opal Rounds.
- I also added to Card 2 Terra Cotta Tile ribbon from the Ornate Garden Ribbon Combo Pack: a tiny piece under the tail of the butterfly and the same ribbon back & forth behind the sentiment panel. This sentiment panel has a background from the same Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP and is on dimensionals.
Insides of both cards…
- Card 1: Stamp the full butterfly stamp from the Butterfly Brilliance stamp set in Seaside Spray on a panel of Basic nWhite 4 x 5 1/4. Stamp the sentiment in Memento Black ink using the Friends Are Like Seashells stamp set. Adhere to the inside.
- Card 2: Adhere a 1/2 x 4 strip to a Basic White panel 4 x 5 1/4. Adhere to the inside.
- Cards are now done!!!
For both envelopes I adhered a strip of card stock + DSP or 2 strips of DSP as shown – and these two are complete.
Products for todays card are from the new Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog, the Sale-a-bration catalog and the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE WZBPZ7N4- good Feb 4 – Feb 28. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. Now is also Sale-a-bration – a time from now through the end of February when Stampin’ Up! offers FREE items with $50 and $100 purchases. Those products are shown below today’s product list as well. Happy shopping!
Now is the perfect time to become a team member of Stampin’ Up! – with your choice of items in your $99 Starter Kit (valued at $125!) you will receive five packs of new 6×6 DSP paper packs – only during Sale-a-bration though!!! Act quickly… JOIN MY Team here. Being a part of the Stampin’ community brings all kinds of fringe benefits ~ early access to new catalogs, guaranteed 20% discount on all Stampin’ Up! products, free tutorials, access to web sites that will encourage and strengthen your abilities. Join now… Again – you may do that here.
Sale-a-bration is only two days from ending. Get these FREE PRODUCTS with a $50 purchase
And get these FREE products with your order of $100 through Feb 28
And if you HOST a party during Sale-a-bration and the product total is over $300
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.