OOOh – Stampin’ Up! has a preorder available to demonstrators of a stamp collection called Butterfly Brilliance Collection – and of course it features butterflies… yeah, who would guess that! :O) My set arrived and I dug right in… here’s what I created.
Two of the butterflies on this card were die cut from one of the papers, as I mentioned earlier could be done. The third butterfly is much more detailed and is cut from Vellum – so delicate and lovely. And please notice the little splotches of holes in the background DSP – that is another of the dies in the set.
One of the neat things about this collection is the Designer Series Papers – and one of them fits the die perfectly! Another cool thing is the outline of the butterflies is all one die but cuts several individual butterflies – similar to the Many Messages dies. Here’s the stamp set and the dies also.
Isn’t this bundle fabulous? If you join my team NOW – you can get this as part of your starter kit :O) Just sayin’… you may do that here. Back to putting this card together…
- Bermuda Bay card stock is the card base
- Die cut at least three ‘splotches’ using a die from the Brilliant Wings dies from the Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP. Add this layer of DSP to cover entire front of card, adhering with liquid glue
- Layer another panel of the Butterfly Bijou 6×6 to a slightly larger panel of Bermuda Bay card stock – adhering with liquid glue. put on dimensionals and add to card front.
- Die cut butterflies from the Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP that matches the line-up of the dies. This will give you six cut butterflies!
- Put dimensionals on one of the butterflies and adhere to front. Add other butterfly with liquid glue.
- Die cut the detail butterfly out of Vellum and adhere either with liquid glue or a glue dot. HINT: If using liquid glue, cover the entire center body with the glue, smoothing it. With the entire center body covered, the glue does not seem to show.
- Stamp the sentiment with VersaMark ink on a strip of Bermuda Bay, cover with White Embossing powder and heat to set. Attach with liquid glue and a dimensional at the far right end (for balance)
- Add three Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins and the card front is done!
For the inside…
- Stamp the butterfly in Smoky Slate ink on a panel of Basic White card stock.
- Adhere to the inside panel and the card is complete…
For the envelope…
- Cover the envelope flap with Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP using liquid glue, trim to fit
- Stamp the design from Posted For You stamp set in Smoky Slate ink and color with Blends: Magenta Madness, So Saffron & Just Jade. HINT: when coloring on an envelope with Blends, be certain there is a large scrap in the envelope so it does not bleed through. VOILA! Card cuts are listed at the bottom of this post.
Products for todays card are from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog and also a promotional release to demonstrators You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart.’ If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE WZBPZ7N4- good Feb 4 – Feb 28. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. Now is also Sale-a-bration – a time from now through the end of February when Stampin’ Up! offers FREE items with $50 and $100 purchases. Those products are shown below today’s product list as well. Happy shopping!
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $50 purchase – Level 1
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $100 purchase – Level 2
And receive FREE when you HOST a $300 order during Sale-a-bration
Also available when you HOST a $300 order…
Now is the perfect time to become a team member of Stampin’ Up! – with your choice of items in your $99 Starter Kit (valued at $125!) you will receive five packs of new 6×6 DSP paper packs – only during Sale-a-bration though!!! Act quickly… join my Team here. Being a part of the Stampin’ community brings all kinds of fringe benefits ~ early access to new catalogs, guaranteed 20% discount on all Stampin’ Up! products, free tutorials, access to web sites that will encourage and strengthen your abilities. Join now… Again – you may do that here.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Card Cuts for today’s project:
- Bermuda Bay 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2 + 1/2 x 3 for sentiment + 3 1/2 x 5
- Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP 4 1/4 x 5 1/2; 3 3/8 x 4 7/8; 2 1/4 x 6 (envelope flap)
- Butterfly Bijou 6×6 DSP for die cut butterflies
Leave a Reply