Hello. It’s snow again today and it’s coming down in big flakes and sticking! We may get as much as 4-5″ and interestingly, the northern part of the state is to get LESS! Imagine… todays card… features the Darling Donkeys stamp set and Well Suited DSP. I totally cased a layout and some ideas from another demonstrator but changed up several other parts of the card.
I am smitten with these donkeys ~ maybe because they are somewhat sassy-looking and fun-loving. The stamp set is FREE during Sale-a-bration when you purchase $50 worth of product ~ and Sale-a-bration ends Feb 28. Let’s talk through how I created this card.
- The plaid pattern of this Well-Suited DSP is layered on a a panel of Basic White with liquid glue, then onto the Pacific Point card base with liquid glue as well.
- The dotted pattern of this DSP was given additional color with a Poppy Parade Blends by adding dots of color where the white dots were. It was then layered on a panel of Basic White, after punching one end with the Tag Topper Punch. It was adhered to the card front with liquid glue.
- The Poppy Parade piece of the Well Suited DSP was adhered to a panel of Basic White then adhered to the card front… dimensionals on the right side of the strip only.
- Die cut a circle with the largest of the Stitched Shapes Dies – out of Basic White card stock. Stamp the donkey in Saddle Brown Memento ink then the sentiment in Night of Navy ink and the fun little sparklers in Poppy Parade ink. (It might look better if the donkey were stamped in Memento Black ink!) I added the Artistry Blooms Adhesive-Backed Sequins to the center of each sparkler cluster. This was attached to the card front with dimensionals only on the left side of the circle – to balance the heights of the card stocks.
- Finally I stamped another donky on a scrap of Basic White – again in the Saddle Brown (this topo would look better in Memento Black ink!). I colored this donkey with Smoky Slate Belnds and added some Poppy Parade Blends to the feet and hair. This donkey was added with dimensionals – and the card front was complete.
- On the inside I used Light Smoky Slate to color a space, then stamped the sentiment from Darling Donkeys stamp set in Night of Navy ink.
- I stamped the donkey in Memento Black ink and colored the rose with Poppy Parade Blends and Granny Apple Green Blends.
- This was adhered to the inside of the card with liquid glue and the card was done!
For the envelope, I took the plaid of the Well Suited DSP and adhered it to the envelope flap, trimmed to fit. I stamped the sentiment in Night of Navy ink and the set was done and ready for a receiver :O)
I think this card will put a smile on someone’s face when they receive it. How could they not? The faces are just too cute! Card cuts are listed at the bottom of this post.
Products for todays card are from the new Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog and the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE WZBPZ7N4- good Feb 4 – Feb 28. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. Now is also Sale-a-bration – a time from now through the end of February when Stampin’ Up! offers FREE items with $50 and $100 purchases. Those products are shown below today’s product list as well. Happy shopping!
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $50 purchase – Level 1
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $100 purchase – Level 2
And if you HOST a party or have products totaling $300 during Sale-a-bration…
Now is the perfect time to become a team member of Stampin’ Up! – with your choice of items in your $99 Starter Kit (valued at $125!) you will receive five packs of new 6×6 DSP paper packs – only during Sale-a-bration though!!! Act quickly… join my Team here. Being a part of the Stampin’ community brings all kinds of fringe benefits ~ early access to new catalogs, guaranteed 20% discount on all Stampin’ Up! products, free tutorials, access to web sites that will encourage and strengthen your abilities. Join now… Again – you may do that here.
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.
Card Cuts for todays project…
- Pacific Point 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Basic White 4 x 5 1/4 (2) + 2 1/8 x 4 3/8, 1 3/8 x 4 3/8 + about 3″ square for circle die cut & scrap for donkey
- Well Suited DSP: Plaid – 3 7/8 x 5, dots 2 x 4 1/4, Poppy panel 1 1/4 x 4 1/4