Hello folks. It’s Tuesday and we just might get snow today. If I put it in writing, maybe it will happen. I like snow – it’s soft and beautiful, especially if it’s big flakes. There probably won’t be much, b ut a covering is always nice. 🙂
Todays card is made with a bit of whimsy… clotheslines with hearts dangling, and some falling into the cutest little envelope. And of course, as the title indicates, Herb the snail is on a delivery mission.
The base of the card is Thick Basic White. On this is a layer of Pool Party card stock adhered with dimensionals. The top layer is Flirty Flamingo – and should have been embossed. It would give the card so much more character, texture, ‘oompf’ if I had. 😦
- Die cut hearts came from many sources: Many Hearts Dies (new), Heart to Heart (new), Stitched Be Mine dies and Detailed Hearts dies. I like the varied shapes and sizes, some hollow, some not. It adds charm.
- With Linen Thread, string on the open hearts and adhere others with liquid glue. The Linen Thread is adhered to the back of the Flirty Flamingo panel with Stampin’ Seal.
- Die cut this adorable envelope using the Snail Dies. The paper is Sand & Sea DSP (gorgeous, right?!)
- On a piece of Basic White card stock, stamp the word ‘hello’ from the Snailed It stamp set in Memento Black ink, then die cut with one of the Snail Dies.
- On another piece of Basic White card stock, stamp “Herb the snail” from the Snailed It stamp set in Memento Black ink. Color him with several Blends: Bermuda Bay & Pool Party, Petal Pink & Light Lovely Lipstick for the packages and Smoky Slate for Mr Herb. Carefully add Wink of Stella to Herb & the packages, not blending the colors into one another (otherwise they smear – and you don’t want that!).
- Adhere Herb with dimensionals, the envelope with liquid glue, then add the additional hearts, as though they are falling from the clotheslines. I layered a couple of them. and one is on dimensionals with a cute pink heart from the Sending Hearts Paper Pumpkin kit!
- For a final touch of glam, add three Rhinestone Basic Jewels.
- Adhere the Flirty Flamingo panel to the Pool Party with liquid glue and your card front is complete.
For the inside… Adhere a panel of Pool Party to the inside of the card. with liquid glue. Note just where you want your ‘frame’ and stamp the leaf from the Heart To Heart Bundle in Granny Apple Green ink. Add one of the leftover die cut hearts for the ‘flower’. Now add the frame panel with liquid glue and your card is complete. Now, I suppose you want to know about that inside panel and where it came from… it’s the border of an Ornate frames die.
For the envelope I veered back to the Snail Mail DSP for the envelope flap, then stamped the ‘Happy Mail’ from the Snailed It stamp set in Memento Black ink. I colored the little envelope in Light Pool Party Blends – and the whole kit & kaboodle is ready to send… I’m using mine as a Valentine card for someone special 🙂
Products for todays card are from the new Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog and the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, or others, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE WZBPZ7N4- good Jan 21 – Feb 3. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products, so don’t use the host code at that time. Now is also Sale-a-bration – a time from now through the end of February when Stampin’ Up! offers FREE items with $50 and $100 purchases. Those products are shown below today’s product list as well. Happy shopping!
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $50 purchase – Level 1
Sale-a-bration items FREE with $100 purchase – Level 2
Sale-a-bration items for Hosting an event – $300 & up
Host an event – $450 & up
Card cuts for todays project:
- basic White thick 4 1/4 x 11 scored at 5 1/2
- Pool Party (2) 4 1/8 x 5 3/8
- Flirty Flamingo 4 x 5 1/4
- Snail Mail DSP 2 1/4 x 6 (envelope flap)
- Sand & Sea about 3 x 4
- Basic White – scraps for snail, hearts + 4 x 5 1/4 from Ornate Dies (for inside frame)
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.