Hello again – Monday madness? Try doing something creative and fun… that will get the juices flowing and you feeling less frantic. At least, that’s my theory – and I’m stickin’ to it. 😏 Todays card was inspired by the Paper Players Challenge #523 – use Blackberry Bliss, Bumblebee & Misty Moonlight with a neutral thrown in somewhere. So here’s what I did…
The challenge brought to mind of the Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP with all the dragonflies and colors – well, it just FIT for me… AND I have wanted to do this fun pop-up, so… I pulled the Dragonfly Garden bundle and began creating.
- Punch a few dragonflies using the Dragonfly Punch from one of the papers in the Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP
- Cover the punched dragonflies with Wink of Stella. I did the body as well as the wings, and like the look for this card
- Adhere a panel of the Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP to a slightly larger piece of Bumblebee card stock with liquid glue. Cover the dragonflies with Wink of Stella for extra glam.
- Put dimensionals on the back and attach to a Misty Moonlight card base
- Stamp the sentiment from the Dragonfly Garden stamp set in Misty moonlight ink on Smoky Slate strip. Trim the right end at an angle.
- Adhere a larger strip of Bumblebee card stock (but slightly shorter than the Smokey Slate strip) even with the Bumblebee panel. Now adhere the Smoky Slate panel making it even with the DSP panel – all done with liquid glue
- Add dimensionals to one of the dragonflies and adhere at end of the sentiment strip and the front of the card is complete.
Here’s where the fun fold is, and oh so easy to do.
- Cut a panel of Basic White 4 3/4 x 7 3/4; fold in half . Along the center, mark down from the top 2 1/2″
- On the long side and the top, make a mark 2″ from each end. Scor from the 2 1/2″ mark to the 2″ mark, making a ‘V’. Fold the center IN and burnish. Burnish the ‘V’ folds as well. Burnish the lower portion of the center of the panel.
- Adhere to card base, pushing the folds of the Basic White against the fold of the Misty Moonlight. Adhere only one side at a time!!!
- Decorate with dragonflies.
When finished the inside will look like this…
For the envelope… cover the flap with coordinating card stock from the Dandy Garden 6×6 DSP. Stamp the dragonfly grouping in Misty Moonlight ink on the front of the envelope. And voila – finis! Wasn’t that fun? And a beautiful card to boot. After creating, don’t you feel better???
Products for todays card are mostly from the new Jan-Jun 2021 Mini Catalog ~ and those products are available now for purchase. You will find them in the product list below. As a reminder… I’ve made it easy for you to simply ‘add all to cart’. If I can help you in any way to order these items, please give me a holler. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE RSVNH4XW- good Jan 5-20. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products. Now is also Sale-a-bration – a time from now through the end of February when Stampin’ Up! offers FREE items with $50 and $100 purchases. Those products are shown below today’s product list.
Sale-a-bration FREE products with $50 purchase – Level 1
Sale-a-bration FREE products with $100 purchase – Level 2
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade card filled with love.