It’s that time of year, isn’t it – for giving gifts of appreciation and thanks. Today’s post shares gift holders I made to hold cash or a check or a gift certificate. If you wanted to use a gift card, it will certainly fit.
Aren’t these pretty? Details? Here ya go!
- Card base… 7 1/4 wide x 7 in height
- score ON SHORT SIDE @ 1 5/8 & 4 5/8
- mark the bottom center ON THE LONG SIDE and punch with 3/4″ punch
- burnish score line
- adhere tear n tape to the bottom section on the inside to create a pocket
- Cut and add DSP:
- 7 x 2 1/4; 7 x 1 3/8 and 7 x 2 3/4 for the back (not shown completed above)
- the lower panel needs a punch as well – I suggest after adhering, simply use the same punch in the same spot
- all panels were adhered with liquid glue
- remove tear n tape covering and adhere the lower section to the middle and voila!
All you need to do now is a belly band…
- card stock 1 x about 6- 61/4
- beginning at the back of the envelope, wrap the strip around to the front so the lower portion of the strip is under the upper portion of the strip. I tried to make the upper strip meet at the edge of tghe upper strip.
- Adhere the two ends together with liquid glue. Once good and dry, remove the band, burnish the folds and decorate.
Each sentiment panel width and length varied depending on the sentiment used. I embellished with a punched image or a die cut image then adhered that to the strip and the strip adhered to the band, covering the area where the two ends meet. Make sense?
Starting with the top pocket hold, here are the various products used:
- Pretty Peacock card stock for the base, covered with Brightly Gleaming Specialty DSP. The sentiment panel is Very Vanilla card stock using the Christmas Gleaming stamp set for the sentiment and the ornament. The ornament was punched with the Gleaming Ornaments Punch Pack. Pretty Peacock ink. The banner was trimmed on the end with the Banners Pick a Punch.
- #2 pocket holder begins with Pacific Point card stock covered with the Snowflake Splendor DSP. The sentiment panel is Whisper White card stock stamped with the Snowflake Wishes stamp set in Pacific Point ink. The snowflake was first stamped with a snowflake in Pacific Point ink on Whisper White card stock from the same stamp set then die cut with the So Many Snowflake Dies.
- #3 pocket holder begins with Highland Heather card stock covered with another piece of this fabulous Snowflake Splendor DSP. The sentiment panel is Whisper White card stock stamped with a sentiment from Christmas Gleaming stamp set in Pacific Point ink. The snowflake is Balmy Blue Glimmer Paper die cut with So Many Snowflake Dies.
And there you have it – a great project that doesn’t take a huge chunk of time and is beautiful to give and receive! Products used for today’s project may be found below. As a thank you to my customers, when the order is between $50-$150 I offer a SU! item of your choice valued at $10. Remember to use MY CURRENT HOST CODE SAZV3JTK– good until Jan 3. When the order is over $150, you still receive that free gift from me, but SU! has Stampin’ Rewards that may be used for additional products 😁
Thanks for stopping by.
May you have a beautiful day.
Make someone happy sending them a handmade gift filled with love.
WooHoo! Stampin’ Up! has gone over the top… check out the Giant Year-end sale here
Sale Dates: December 8, 2020 through January 4, 2021
- No minimum purchase required.
- Retiring items are available while supplies last.
- Exclusions apply: Carryover items will not be discounted.
- Due to increased shipping times and possible shipping delays during the month of December, we can’t guarantee delivery before Christmas.
- Ordering Deadlines: January 4, 2021 at 11:50 PM (MT)
Shop early! The items that are retiring are only while supplies last!!
Leave a Reply